This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sylveon is Bug-type

#61BountyanPosted 4/8/2013 7:54:33 PM(edited)
jayman7 posted...
Bountyan posted...
There are more pink/pale purple psychic type Pokemon than another single color,

There are more of these two colors than another single color. You honestly just said this.

Do I need to spell out why this is stupid, or can you see the inconsistency for yourself?

I may as well say "there are more red/blue Fire-type Pokemon than another single color", which is absolutely 100% true, and doesn't mean that the color blue is strongly associated with Fire for a second.

Now then, there are seven Psychic-type Pokemon officially considered purple, and ten officially considered yellow. As far as the Pokemon themselves are concerned, Psychic is more strongly associated with yellow than with purple. Those numbers count the Gothita line, who is arguably more black than purple, but not the Abra line, who is obviously yellow but for whatever reason filed under brown.

Pale pink and purple are extremely similar colors. Red and blue aren't. That's why I grouped them together.

jayman7 posted...
I never said anything about attacks.

And the person you quoted didn't say anything about type boxes. They just said the color strongly strongly goes in accordance with the typing. Which is true, because a crapload of psychic moves are filled with purple and pink.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#62jayman7Posted 4/8/2013 7:56:17 PM
Bountyan posted...
And the person you quoted didn't say anything about type boxes. They just said the color strongly strongly goes in accordance with the typing. Which is true, because a crapload of psychic moves are filled with purple and pink.

Given that the whole reason this was brought up was a Pokemon and how Eeveelutions match type color, I would say that the color of attacks is completely irrelevant to the discussion. At least for the type box colors, they match for 6 of the 7 Eeveelutions.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#63BountyanPosted 4/8/2013 8:05:51 PM
jayman7 posted...
Bountyan posted...

Given that the whole reason this was brought up was a Pokemon and how Eeveelutions match type color, I would say that the color of attacks is completely irrelevant to the discussion. At least for the type box colors, they match for 6 of the 7 Eeveelutions.

Attack colors are relevant to colors type represent. Fire types are associated with red, and most of the attacks are red. Water types are associated with blue, and most of the attacks are blue. Electric types are associated with yellow, and most of the attacks are yellow. Poison types are associated with deep purple, and most of the attacks are deep purple. If most of the psychic type attacks are pinkish purple, then it makes sense to say that psychic is associated with pinkish purple. Pink or purple is the best stereotypical psychic color, which is why they chose it for Espeon.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#64DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/8/2013 8:15:16 PM
Espeon is pink! It has never occurred to me before that Espeon could be considered more purple than pink.

If there's any exception to the Eeveelution color rule, it's Leafeon, which is much more yellow than green.

Leafeon, however, does have large amounts of green on its body. Sylveon has nothing even remotely resembling a Bug-type color.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#65Twilight_SonataPosted 4/8/2013 8:39:37 PM
jnethery posted...
I just looked at the dex entries for all of them on the official site and none of their eyes look anything like Sylveon's. Sylveon's eyes are almost completely round and "glassy" looking, with no indication of an iris or pupil. The others all have varied, but generally more almond shaped eyes with the iris and pupil clearly defined.

WTF are you talking about? Are you just lying? 'Cause that's the only explanation for this. Sylveon's iris and pupil are exactly as well defined as those of Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, Espeon, Glaceon, and Leafeon. They're all only lightly defined, arguably not at all with what appears to be definition really just being lighting reflection. Only Umbreon has well defined iris and pupil; it's the odd one out. As for almondness versus roundness, it just looks to me like Sylveon has its eyes open wider, which would make sense at is seems much happier and more cheerful than all of the other Eeveelutions do in the artwork that we've seen.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#66jayman7Posted 4/8/2013 9:11:51 PM(edited)
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Sylveon has nothing even remotely resembling a Bug-type color.

Insects come in all colors. Particularly butterflies, which are the things that Sylveon's bows look like in the front.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#67Thewinner14Posted 4/8/2013 9:41:22 PM
It's going to be ghost type, it has a very spirity feel to it
---
Yankees/Nationals, Bruins, NY Giants, McLaren F1/Marussia F1, Corvette Racing Team