This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your top ten most overrated pokemon?

#1Thepenguinking2Posted 4/8/2013 7:07:53 PM
Here's mine:
10.Eevee (Eevee is cool, but people give it WAY too much attention. there's even a website based off of the shiny form.Why shiny eevee?Wynaut shiny giratina?
9.Chansey (Yeah, chansey has good HP and SP.Def, but sucks in every other way. even defense. a good fighting type move could result in a broken egg and a dead chansey. Miltank is much better anyway.)
8.Infernape (I must be the only one to hate infernape. you could also have a choice between a turtle with a FREAKING CONTINENT on it's back, and an emporer penguin made of steel. much cooler than a boxing monkey.)
7.Dragonite (dragonite ties for hydreigon for my least favorite pseudo legend. still cool, but people treat it like a wonder guard electivire with an air balloon. a simple ice beam could take it down. Garchomp is better anyway.)
6.Lucario (IDK how to really explain.)
5.Arceus (I am sick of seeing arceus everywhere. mew is so much better than this jesus llama. it's ugly, boring, and an evil glory stealer.)
4.jellicent (Female jellicent is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. it makes me wanna barf every time I see it (Sadly this isn't a joke).male jellicent is also boring (Inb4pringles).It's stats are also meh, and its typing, while unique, isn't too good. and this thing gets? IT GETS TO BE AN OU POKEMON! all this pokemon deserves is to have its head chopped off and used as a halloween pinata, and its tentacles toasted and skewered.)
3.Musharna (I do not see ANY hate for this thing. it's a failure of a psychic. Sure, it's a psychic type, and psychic types in Gen 5 are mainly crap (Besides sigilyph, victini and meloetta), but does this thing deserve to not be hated?)
2.Zoroak (At one point my least favorite pokemon, zoroak gets so much praise it makes me mad. So far, I've seen only ONE other person that hates zoroak. heck, zoroak is so overrated that even his fans call him overrated.)
1.Volcarona/Smugarona (Man do I hate volcarona. He gets all the undeserve praise while he leaves scolipede, an actually GOOD bug type, in the dust. sure, I hate zoroak more, but I haven't seen anyone say there's nothing bad about zoroak. I've actually seen someone say that volcarona is flawless. REALLY!? the only good thing about smugarona is its stats. I'll take any other gen 5 bug, thank you very much.)
---
WHY CAN'T SHEDINJA LEARN ENTRAINMENTMe in the X board
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
#2iKhanicPosted 4/8/2013 7:09:46 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
1.Volcarona/Smugarona (Man do I hate volcarona. He gets all the undeserve praise while he leaves scolipede, an actually GOOD bug type, in the dust. sure, I hate zoroak more, but I haven't seen anyone say there's nothing bad about zoroak. I've actually seen someone say that volcarona is flawless. REALLY!? the only good thing about smugarona is its stats. I'll take any other gen 5 bug, thank you very much.)

You are my hero. I thought I was alone in hating that disgusting ugly bug.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#3Jarred623Posted 4/8/2013 7:10:25 PM
inb4hipsterssaycharizard
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#4iKhanicPosted 4/8/2013 7:11:31 PM
Here's some of mine:

Blastoise
Blaziken
Lucario
Darkrai
Keldeo
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5Hierarchy225Posted 4/8/2013 7:15:11 PM(edited)
The only pokemon who I can feel is legit Overrated is Charizard, Blastoise, and maybe Swampert. Especially since its a bloody NU pokemon who some people seriously believe should be OU or even Uber.

Most of the others like Lucario, Chansey/Blissey, Dragonite etc. Aren't overrated in my opinion since they're actually ya know.. Great at what they do.

Jarred623 posted...
inb4hipsterssaycharizard

Hipsters wouldn't say Charizard because everyone says that. Hipsters would say Blastoise.
#6wind64aPosted 4/8/2013 7:23:19 PM
1. Mewtwo (Adored by many)
2. Blaziken (It's a glass cannon, not an instant win button)
3. Blastoise(Odd, but it has risen a lot in popularity, and seemingly out of spite)
4. Charizard (Though mostly due to its appearance, as it has dubious competitive abilities)
5. Genesect (Because apparently no one thinks to have a fast enough Fire type, in spite of their very helpful offensive capabilites)
6. Breloom (It is a powerhouse, but not unstoppable)
7. Kingdra (Grass types with decent defenses, or who are named Lilligant, pretty much shut it down).
8. Dragonite (good ability, decent stats, and a heaping of nostalgia)
9. Rotom-W (It really is good, but there are ways of shutting it down)
10. Garchomp (Legitimately strong, but the 4X weakness to Ice means that Ice Shard, or a fast Special Attacker using HP Ice will ruin its day.)
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#7flying_carnagePosted 4/8/2013 7:30:25 PM
here's my list. I mostly play doubles with trick room, soo.....

10: politoad:: i'm more scared of his friends rather than him
9: dragonite:: outrage just isn't that useful in doubles and dracometeor isn't all that powerful from him
8. metagross:: used to love him but his move pool doesn't strike fear into me
7. terrakoin:: typical rock type with typical weakness to fighting
6. cresselia:: takes hits and annoys that sums it up
5. landorous:: water and ice that is all
4.thundurous:: the only upside i see to him is pranskster taunt and t-bolt
3: volcarona:: lets be honest fire/bug is not scaring anyone
2: hydreigon:: you have dracometeor what else? not much. fighting weakness. sp atk is average
1: garchomp::defenses aren't great, outrage is random, eq usually has other poke protecting so you lose a turn, and ice beam.

pokes i'm afraid of:
1.techloom: damn spore
2. prankster liepard: taunt and encore stop me cold
3: prankster sableye
#8iKhanicPosted 4/8/2013 7:31:16 PM
wind64a posted...
5. Genesect (Because apparently no one thinks to have a fast enough Fire type, in spite of their very helpful offensive capabilites)

Unfortunately, the only Uber fire-type faster than Genesect is Arceus-Fire.

On a slightly related note, that's what makes Charizard so useful once you take care of Stealth Rock, He's one of the few fast fire-types around. People love to talk about how he's not fast enough, but the only decent fire-types that are faster than him are Arceus-Fire and Infernape. Volcarona ties him, and Ninetales is only useful for sun.

Other than Volcarona and Infernape, he's probably the best fast special fire-type you'll find.
---
#9MelkacPosted 4/8/2013 7:35:48 PM
1.- Mewtwo
2.- Charizard
3.- Mewtwo
4.- Lucario
5.- Mewtwo
6.- Blaziken
7.- Mewthree
8.- Rotom
9.- Excadrill
10.- Mewtwo
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#10wind64aPosted 4/8/2013 7:40:39 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
wind64a posted...

Unfortunately, the only Uber fire-type faster than Genesect is Arceus-Fire.

On a slightly related note, that's what makes Charizard so useful once you take care of Stealth Rock, He's one of the few fast fire-types around. People love to talk about how he's not fast enough, but the only decent fire-types that are faster than him are Arceus-Fire and Infernape. Volcarona ties him, and Ninetales is only useful for sun.

Other than Volcarona and Infernape, he's probably the best fast special fire-type you'll find.

Edit: It's not just the typing on a Pokemon, there are a few who are fast enough and learn decent Fire moves to shut the insect down.

I used to deal with Genesect with DW Swoobat. The thing is pretty darn fast, and gets Heat Wave.

Also Ninetales gets a decent movepool, so Sun is just icing on the cake to make it overtly strong.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142