This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We havnt had a topic about starters for a while.

#1zombiabsolPosted 4/9/2013 2:11:00 AM
I don't think at least.
So, yeah, how's everybody doing?
Anybody change their mind on which gen 6 starter looks best?
I did c:

I like all 3 starters even though froakie is my least favorite, which is wierd because I started picking the water starter first on most of my playthroughs.

I originally was in love with fennekin, and still am, but I had an epiphany.

When I played my first pokemon game, soulsilver, I knew nothing about the pokemon games at all. I picked chikorita, my first pokemon ever, and I loved that little guy. Since I was a newb, I taught chikorita nothing but grass type moves, and well, it was difficult. Especially the elite four. I remember fighting the elite four, and I thought I beat the game, then lance comes out of no where and wrecks my life up. Then in gen 3, I was in love with sceptile, even though mudkip is my favorite starter. After that whenever I playthrough the games I picked the water starter.

Anyways, I guess I miss ....chikorita.... the hard way to play seems to be with the grass starter... it feels rewarding..
And plus chespin grew on me a lot, and reminds me of totodile ( whom I love so much ) so instead of picking fennekin because of how cute it is, I'm going to pick chespin, to bring back those feelings of my very first pokemon game where my chikorita had to fight hard in order to become strong!

And on the bright side, ill get to see fennekin the whole game anyways thanks to my rival. Idk what'll happy to froakie.

Also I don't think chespin will be grass/dark, he looks to friendly and nice to be dark type.
I'm going with grass/fighting, steel, poison or rock.

The cloudlike puffs on froakie lead me to think that he could be water/flying, but he could also become water fighting, or in my hopes of an awesome starter, water/ice.

And fennekin could be fire/psychic, but according to the fennec fox wiki page, it says its species name , zerda, means dry, which makes me think of fire/ground.

So anything from you guys?
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#2TheMasterTurtlePosted 4/9/2013 3:13:37 AM
Froakie is the king, all hail Froakie.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#3FDSupremaPosted 4/9/2013 3:15:07 AM
I'm kinda expecting Froakie to evolve into a Muscle Wizard. And then it shall cast FIST.
---
As you read this, you suddenly feel inexplicable rage.
Dwayne Johnson is best pokeymanz
#4RoobitysuPosted 4/9/2013 3:16:16 AM
When I played my first pokemon game, soulsilver

Then in gen 3

Wait, what?
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/19c1b293d2e906a10c38d1866d46b8f1.jpg Roxie <3
#5King-gamerPosted 4/9/2013 3:17:53 AM
I have a feeling all three starters are going to suck again like gen 5. I'll probably box them up and use whatever wild Pokemon I find better.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#6zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 3:28:41 AM
Roobitysu posted...

Then in gen 3

Wait, what?

Wat.
I played soulsilver, then emerald afterwards which is a 3rd gen game.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#7PokequitterPosted 4/9/2013 3:29:23 AM
Yknow, it's funny.

I usually pick the water or grass type. I, too, picked chikarita my first play through... Uh, however I played the original g/s/c lines.

I was watching netflix(some awesome Xmen thing drawn comic book style) and my mind wandered onto x and y. I have, since announcement been debating between the water and grass type. I decided maybe two days ago I'd go with chespin. And, upon thinking of dual types, he looks like a grass/normal type to me... Maybe I'm strange, but most normal types have a cuteness in the face.. And he has that. Food for thought, just my opinion.
#8RoobitysuPosted 4/9/2013 3:49:51 AM
Roobitysu posted...

Then in gen 3

Wait, what?

Wat.
I played soulsilver, then emerald afterwards which is a 3rd gen game.

Oh, you went backwards. When I see Gen 3 I immediately think "the time period in which Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen were the most relevant."
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/f26ffedc198570ab9cf8561b722e9887.jpeg Roxie <3
#9Blazekicker27Posted 4/9/2013 3:53:31 AM
I still like Fennekin the most, but Chespin and Froakie have really grown on me as well.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#10ffdghPosted 4/9/2013 4:25:34 AM
Chespin is still teh best. Still holding hope for Grass/fighting or Grass/rock.
---
the current condition of Nintendo by internet standards.DOOOOOMED
Keyblades and a flightless angel.