This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We havnt had a topic about starters for a while.

#11stangkid95Posted 4/9/2013 4:40:39 AM
@zombiabsol

Wish you could've played Red/Blue. Bulbasaur was totally easy mode. He roflstomped the first two gyms. Charmander was considered hard mode. Took forever to get past Brock. I literally trained my Charmander up to a lvl20 Charmeleon before beating him. Then they gave him Metal Claw in Gen 3 and he breezed through. But yeah that nostalgia is definitely a factor in choosing our starters. I'm still leaning towards Fennekin but Froakie definitely interests me. Chespin I'm kinda on the fence on. I'll wait to see his evos before deciding on him.
---
GT: GrimmRecon005
#12Great_ReapettePosted 4/9/2013 4:50:50 AM
>Grass=Hard Mode
>Kanto
>FRIGGIN VENUSAUR VERSUS LIKE TWO GYMS EH'S WEAK TO
>IT'S EVEN EASIER IN FR/LG

But when I look back, I notice I typically go with water. Except in Kanto and Johto, where I went with Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil, respectively.
---
-One hundred and nine characters of space for rent-
#13WindyligthPosted 4/9/2013 4:52:04 AM
Fennekin master race
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#14zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:54:20 AM
stangkid95 posted...
@zombiabsol

Wish you could've played Red/Blue. Bulbasaur was totally easy mode. He roflstomped the first two gyms. Charmander was considered hard mode. Took forever to get past Brock. I literally trained my Charmander up to a lvl20 Charmeleon before beating him. Then they gave him Metal Claw in Gen 3 and he breezed through. But yeah that nostalgia is definitely a factor in choosing our starters. I'm still leaning towards Fennekin but Froakie definitely interests me. Chespin I'm kinda on the fence on. I'll wait to see his evos before deciding on him.

I wish I could have played red or blue. But sadly I wasn't into pokeomon from the beginning. Though I do have a gameboy, idk if I should try to get fire red or leafgreen. I already have a hoeen game, and I only need one version for myself. Which this gen will be y version.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#15patsfan2312Posted 4/9/2013 11:14:27 AM
I always go with the water type starter, so my support goes to Froakie. Even though there are other frogs out there, I am hopeful that its typing and stats will make it somewhat unique. However, I do like Chespin, too. Fennekin is like a rip off of vulpix imo.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjkyuXdfhlA
#16zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 12:41:40 PM
I'm not sure if I even want to know the evos of the starters, it'll make things more exciting if I dont
---
#17jayman7Posted 4/9/2013 12:45:22 PM
ffdgh posted...
Chespin is still teh best. Still holding hope for Grass/fighting or Grass/rock.

Grass/Rock would require Fennekin to pick up a counter-type to keep the triangle going, and the only options are Ice (unlikely), Steel (doubt it), Poison (don't really see it), and... the one of which we must never speak.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#18zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 9:29:05 PM
jayman7 posted...
ffdgh posted...
Chespin is still teh best. Still holding hope for Grass/fighting or Grass/rock.

Grass/Rock would require Fennekin to pick up a counter-type to keep the triangle going, and the only options are Ice (unlikely), Steel (doubt it), Poison (don't really see it), and... the one of which we must never speak.

NEVER speak of it ._.
---