This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The ****? Pikachu can't beat an Onix with a electric attack

#41PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/9/2013 2:39:00 PM
helldew posted...
And then he resets to level 1 again at the beginning of a new region because he keeps losing to noob trainers when he should be owning all of them by now.

He only reset in Unova though. in D/P it makes a ton of sense as to why he tied paul considering paul went to all the same regions IIRC and he was using an eleckid (and due to paul being a dick i imagine that thing would have been a freakishly high level before evolving) in Hoenn i cant think of anything obvious instances in johto he flat out said it was to easy with all his old pokemon (his charizard stomped Falkner) while in the orange league again he didnt lose anything disjarring if anything he won more then he should have there.

and in Unova his Pikachu got pwnd by a freaking Zekrom before its first battle. although ashes personality battle skills and knowledge seamed to have diminished to about a mid/end kanto level of skill (in other words terrible) where as in Sinnoh some of his strategies were freaking brilliant.

It's not just Ash, Unova just has a really CRAPPY staff running it. There is like no cohesiveness unless they want to market something. And I'm not just talking about Ash's case either, the characterization is a cluster**** in Unova while everything else is top tier. I like the humor, I like the adventures, the battles look AMAZING......but with everyone not growing/reversing/stagnating in development, I found it hard to keep caring.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#42CrystalKing5426Posted 4/9/2013 3:24:59 PM
Pendragon71037 posted...
CrystalKing5426 posted...
I remember in the Viridian Gym episode, Pikachu OHKO 3 Pokes all at once. One of them was a Machamp, but I forget what the other two were. Anyone know?

Idk, but he did the same thing in the start of the first movie, and that was Machamp, Golem, and Donphan I believe.

I just looked up on Serebii, and it was a Machamp (With decent special bulk, that should not have worked), Kingler (which I can buy to an extent because of the weakness and his terrible special bulk) and Rhydon (lol). However, in that same episode, a Nidoking's tackle OHKO'd a Golem. 35 BP move versus Golem's resistance and ridiculous physical bulk= not happening. Even Deoxys-A couldn't pull that off. And later on Kingler's Bubble, a 20 BP special move use by someone with terrible SP.A, OHKO'd Bulbasaur, who also resists his pathetically weak attack. Then again, in the first movie, Vine Whip OHKO'd a Venasaur, who quad resists a 40 BP attack and has good special bulk. So yeah, the anime is completely full of crap.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4014/5138578909_05b321131a_z.jpg
#43MaetchPosted 4/9/2013 3:40:08 PM
helldew posted...
And then he resets to level 1 again at the beginning of a new region because he keeps losing to noob trainers when he should be owning all of them by now.

There are no "levels" in the Pokémon anime, just Pokémon winning or losing based on the skill of the Trainers and the whims of the writers.
#44PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/9/2013 4:11:38 PM(edited)
I just looked up on Serebii, and it was a Machamp (With decent special bulk, that should not have worked), Kingler (which I can buy to an extent because of the weakness and his terrible special bulk) and Rhydon (lol). However, in that same episode, a Nidoking's tackle OHKO'd a Golem. 35 BP move versus Golem's resistance and ridiculous physical bulk= not happening. Even Deoxys-A couldn't pull that off. And later on Kingler's Bubble, a 20 BP special move use by someone with terrible SP.A, OHKO'd Bulbasaur, who also resists his pathetically weak attack. Then again, in the first movie, Vine Whip OHKO'd a Venasaur, who quad resists a 40 BP attack and has good special bulk. So yeah, the anime is completely full of crap.

Compared to a game where Gilotine makes a Pokemon faint and not just die. Compared to a game where a 5 ton rhino can be held aloft by a ballon. Compared to a game where a karate chop can't effect a ghost, yet it can trip on grass and be hit with wings.

This is too easy.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#45SideShowBattPosted 4/9/2013 4:36:27 PM
Pokemon The First Movie

Mewtwo: l will block all the Pokemon's special abilities using my psychic powers. Now we shall see who triumphs.

*looks at Hitmonlee in confusion* This was around when Red, Blue, and Yellow were still popular and Gold and Silver was just announced. What abilities? He fights with different kicking techniques.

Nurse Joy: Pokemon weren't meant to fight. Not like this.

Me: As opposed to fighting in a stadium, with an audience in the stands and watching on TV, promoting Pokemon to fight?

*Mewtwo erases everyone's memories towards the end* Thanks for making us forget the whole fighting is bad lesson, I'm just gonna go on challenging other peoples Pokemon so I can enter a legal tournament where even more Pokemon fight! Thanks Mewtwo!
---
XBL Tag- SideShowBatt
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#46EpsteinBarrPosted 4/9/2013 5:57:20 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Explain Thunderbolt KO-ing a Rhydon.

The anime did already, in the same episode just that hyperactive turds just choose to ignore it.

The games aren't exactly coherent themselves. Hpynosis changing accuracy between DP and Plat? Growth working differently from RB to BW? Yeah, ok. Game balance changing over time be damned.

It's like I said, only weeaboo nerds care obsessively over gameplay mechanics.
#47pokemonfreak97Posted 4/9/2013 6:37:17 PM
AlI_About_The_U posted...
Sprinklers know Soak.

Four generations before it existed.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#48TherianReturnsPosted 4/9/2013 6:38:32 PM
I like how TC just had to put a censored word in the topic title. People, cursing does not make your topic or post any better and is extremely immature and unnecessary.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#49drcossackPosted 4/9/2013 6:40:51 PM
I think the lulzier thing though is that the anime claims that electric type attacks won't work on ROCK type Pokemon. lol

Back in Gen 1, the most common Rock mons were the Geodude line and Onix. Aerodactyl (which only you and Lance could have used) was the only exception, but the other 4 were also ground. It makes sense, given the distribution.
---
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)
#50Benify(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 3:13:57 AM
TherianReturns posted...
I like how TC just had to put a censored word in the topic title. People, cursing does not make your topic or post any better and is extremely immature and unnecessary.

Lol
---
Pokemon White FC: 0948 5189 2763