This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Imagine a pokemon game that is...

#1DontBeHeroPosted 4/9/2013 6:10:50 AM
After playing Kingdom Hearts 3D: DDD, i had this thought that imagine a Pokemon game with such amazing graphics as KH, and with similar mechanics. Like for example when u encounter a wild Pokemon, the tradition clip signalling a battle would come up but fast forwarded and you send out a Pokemon of your party immediately and u get to run around and control the Pokemon whether dodging or strategically using the usual 4 skill set for each Pokemon.

Imagine how fun and engaging that would be, especially bringing a new whole meaning to Pokemon battles. Imagine the possibilities of actually using moves like dig when within a certain radius attack or rather to dodge to defend then counter and much more. It is proven with many games that this can actually be made possible and can be done, it just depends whether they are bothered to get off the lazy wagon and actually make dramatic changes rather then just pixel to 3D, which don't get me wrong i like it but it took them forever to do so. Thoughts?
---
PSN: DontBeHero
#2XazealPosted 4/9/2013 6:12:02 AM
Pokemon is not and should never be an Action RPG.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#3Gray_AreasPosted 4/9/2013 6:15:32 AM
That isn't what Pokemon is about. It's meant to act as a glorified card game. Just like the early Final Fantasy games. It's called turn based for a reason. You make a move, then I make a move. That being said...

DontBeHero posted...
defend then counter

That would be using the move Protect and then attacking on your next turn. :)
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#4DontBeHero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 6:28:08 AM
haha true i see ur point, maybe it can be still turn based but maybe more freedom of control? I remember this old school DBZ game on gba that was turn based and had freedom of control so maybe it can be that but obviously optimized with better integration.
---
PSN: DontBeHero
#5EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 6:32:29 AM
Gray_Areas posted...
That isn't what Pokemon is about. It's meant to act as a glorified card game. Just like the early Final Fantasy games. It's called turn based for a reason. You make a move, then I make a move. That being said...

Is racing what pokemon is about? Are falling block games what pokemon is about? What about watching TV with pokemon? Pinball? Taking pictures? Drawing circles?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 6:34:53 AM
DontBeHero posted...
haha true i see ur point, maybe it can be still turn based but maybe more freedom of control? I remember this old school DBZ game on gba that was turn based and had freedom of control so maybe it can be that but obviously optimized with better integration.

TC, there's no reason for it not to be an ARPG, don't listen to them. True, main games shouldn't be ARPGs, but there are so many spin-offs, it's not really an issue.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
#7XazealPosted 4/9/2013 6:36:40 AM
Enferolunos posted...
DontBeHero posted...

TC, there's no reason for it not to be an ARPG, don't listen to them. True, main games shouldn't be ARPGs, but there are so many spin-offs, it's not really an issue.

I'm not against an ARPG spinoff, but it sounded like he was suggesting changing the main games into ARPGs to "improve" them, which I am very much against.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#8finaleusPosted 4/9/2013 6:36:40 AM
pokemon rumble
#9keybladesrusPosted 4/9/2013 6:39:30 AM
I think an action RPG Pokemon would be a great spin-off. But just a spin-off.
---
"My favorite color of poop is seven." - Seanbaby, cracked.com
#10EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 6:40:39 AM
Xazeal posted...
Enferolunos posted...
DontBeHero posted...

I'm not against an ARPG spinoff, but it sounded like he was suggesting changing the main games into ARPGs to "improve" them, which I am very much against.

Yeah, maybe. I didn't read the first post carefully enough, I guess. Anyways, yes, I agree that the main game should stick to turn based, but I would enjoy a spin-off ARPG.
---