This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wondering about Event Genesect for the movie

#1gamerazPosted 4/9/2013 11:51:34 AM
Back a few years, when B/W was just released in the US, I saw a Youtube video saying that there is a link in the description to a server that allows you to download event pokemon for B/W. It led me to a website I know (and love), but the settings were set for those specific pokemon : Keldeo, Meloeta and Genesect (ALL shiny!)
I confirmed they are EVENT, since Keldeo got Secret Sword in Moor of Icarus, and Meloeta got Relic Song in Castelia, Also Genesect got some Type Cassetes from that scientist in P2. The 3 events also unlocked similar events in B/W2.

Those pokemon were ready to be downloaded WAY before Nintendo even acknowledged the very existence of those 3 pokemon, meaning the events were planned from the very beginning and just waited for their time to shine.

The Melota and Keldeo given to us in events were not shiny, same thing as Genesect for B/W2, which means the Shiny events were not true, or in the very least not used, but the Shiny Genesect seems like the one from the movie...

Question is : Do you think it will be given in the movies as event? And might it have connections to unlocking the new Mewtwo in X/Y?
---
3DS FC : 0817 3837 1548
PM so I can add you too!
#2SlimeStackPosted 4/9/2013 11:53:58 AM
You can get secret sword, relic song and the cassettes with ANY Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. The game doesn't care if you caught them on route 1 or if they came from a Wi-Fi event. What you downloaded were ordinary hacks.

And I thought a movie Genesect was confirmed? Or was that Mewtwo?
---
Moo
#3gameraz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 12:16:13 PM
SlimeStack posted...
You can get secret sword, relic song and the cassettes with ANY Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect. The game doesn't care if you caught them on route 1 or if they came from a Wi-Fi event. What you downloaded were ordinary hacks.

I WOULD believe your words, but a normally hacked Arceus did nothing in terms of events. However, a TRU Arceus downloaded from that very website (for example) Showed me some pretty pictures of outer space and cells and places around the world in HG :)

Also, if it counts, a regular beast (Suicune) caught normally in HG did not unlock the Zoroark event in B/W, but I guess it really isn't the same case.

Bottom line : Events only happen with Event-specific pokemon!

Also, it's sort of strange. They gave us a Mewtwo not too long ago, and Genesect at the launch of B/W2. They shouldn't give those 2 as events, unless it's something special like a Shiny Genesect (Which maybe knows Extremespeed)
---
3DS FC : 0817 3837 1548
PM so I can add you too!
#4SlimeStackPosted 4/9/2013 12:19:25 PM
Those are completely different examples.

Zoroark, Arceus, Notch Ear Pichu, Celebi, etc, have actual events in the games that require event Pokémon.

Secret sword, relic song and cassettes are just special move tutors that are only concerned with the species you present to them.
---
Moo
#5UltimaZangetsuPosted 4/9/2013 12:20:27 PM
gameraz posted...

Correction, certain in-game events only happen with event Pokemon.
---
"Whoa! Heads up, detecting high levels of space chickens."
"No! Space chickens are a surgeon's worst nightmare."
#6Gray_AreasPosted 4/9/2013 12:22:27 PM
gameraz posted...
SlimeStack posted...

I WOULD believe your words, but a normally hacked Arceus did nothing in terms of events. However, a TRU Arceus downloaded from that very website (for example) Showed me some pretty pictures of outer space and cells and places around the world in HG :)

Also, if it counts, a regular beast (Suicune) caught normally in HG did not unlock the Zoroark event in B/W, but I guess it really isn't the same case.

Also, it's sort of strange. They gave us a Mewtwo not too long ago, and Genesect at the launch of B/W2. They shouldn't give those 2 as events, unless it's something special like a Shiny Genesect (Which maybe knows Extremespeed)

In that case, there is a hidden flag in the data of those event Pokemon. One can easily put in on any Arceus. But those moves don't require a specific flag in the data. Just the right Pokemon.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480