This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

will you do a blind run this gen, and are you excited?!

#1zombiabsolPosted 4/9/2013 12:54:19 PM
As in not knowing where you'll find certain pokemon, you don't know everything about the story, andthe areas will be brand new to your eyes.

I am, mainly since I'm getting this on launch day, and since japan isn't first to get it, not everything will be revealed before america gets it.

It feels much more exciting , like your first pokemon game ever, when you don't know everything about the game when you pop it in. It actually makes it worth it to explore new areas and catch every pokemon, because you don't know how useful they will be yet. You won't know which areas look like what until you get there, which will make it exciting to explore this region, especially with the new cel shaded graphics and camera angle, as well as switching from sprites to models, this gen is going to feel really "new". And plus the storyline will be interesting since it won't be spoiled. Its gonna be soulsilver all over again for me!
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#2Elec Man EXEPosted 4/9/2013 12:56:36 PM
I always do mosty-blind runs of new Pokemon gens. Mostly-blind meaning I'll look at all the official pre-release material, but I try to avoid leaks, and once the game comes out in Japan its full on info avoidance (luckily the latter won't be an issue this time).

As you say, I find it more enjoyable to discover as I go, rather than just know everything beforehand.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#380hd80tPosted 4/9/2013 12:56:41 PM
I've never gone into a Pokémon game with any information before... do you people REALLY ruin it for yourselves first? :o
#4MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/9/2013 12:57:16 PM
zombiabsol posted...
As in not knowing where you'll find certain pokemon, you don't know everything about the story, andthe areas will be brand new to your eyes.

I am, mainly since I'm getting this on launch day, and since japan isn't first to get it, not everything will be revealed before america gets it.

It feels much more exciting , like your first pokemon game ever, when you don't know everything about the game when you pop it in. It actually makes it worth it to explore new areas and catch every pokemon, because you don't know how useful they will be yet. You won't know which areas look like what until you get there, which will make it exciting to explore this region, especially with the new cel shaded graphics and camera angle, as well as switching from sprites to models, this gen is going to feel really "new". And plus the storyline will be interesting since it won't be spoiled. Its gonna be Heartgold all over again for me!

I only changed one word ^_^
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/9/2013 1:02:22 PM
80hd80t posted...
I've never gone into a Pokémon game with any information before... do you people REALLY ruin it for yourselves first? :o

Yeah...I really blew it with Black :(
---
#6KosacVPosted 4/9/2013 1:04:57 PM
I will do a blind run this time around, but nope, not really hyped.
---
This one knows what he's doing...
#7zombiabsol(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 1:05:34 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
zombiabsol posted...

It feels much more exciting , like your first pokemon game ever, when you don't know everything about the game when you pop it in. It actually makes it worth it to explore new areas and catch every pokemon, because you don't know how useful they will be yet. You won't know which areas look like what until you get there, which will make it exciting to explore this region, especially with the new cel shaded graphics and camera angle, as well as switching from sprites to models, this gen is going to feel really "new". And plus the storyline will be interesting since it won't be spoiled. Its gonna be Heartgold all over again for me!

Awesome.
I'm really proud to say that soulsilver was my first pokemon game. Walking with your pokemon, the music, the rival, team rocket, two regions, the towns, the gym leaders, the pokemon league and the legendaries, I loved all of it. They really need to let us walk with pokemon again too :c
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.
#8MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/9/2013 1:06:17 PM
zombiabsol posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...
zombiabsol posted...

Awesome.
I'm really proud to say that Heartgold was my first pokemon game. Walking with your pokemon, the music, the rival, team rocket, two regions, the towns, the gym leaders, the pokemon league and the legendaries, I loved all of it. They really need to let us walk with pokemon again too :c

Heh...one word again...^_^
---