This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this game in your opinion more to the pokemon style that we're used to or?

#1Fritz8x0Posted 4/9/2013 2:35:02 PM
I think so in some ways, but the sprites seem to be gone so that will upset some people in this world, including me.

Do you think 2d is more pokemon style or will the 3ds make your eyes fall in love with pokemon and add a new depth to the experiance?
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/9/2013 2:36:06 PM
Well, I've never played a 3D main series pokemon game before, so I couldn't tell you just yet
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#3Fritz8x0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 2:36:58 PM
Oh yeah and mods? You can't scilent opinions as trolling. Some people hate the new pokemon and want to change it before the game is released. Deal with it.
#4EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 2:37:01 PM
I was about to say words, but then fritz
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5MugilokoPosted 4/9/2013 2:38:43 PM
I said words and I know that he's Fritz
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#6vchu8Posted 4/9/2013 2:38:58 PM
Pokemon at its core is designed to be a 2D series, but the 3D battle scenes here look quite nice. Moving away from sprites is a little sad, cause I'm a spriter, but tbh it's something they've needed to do for a while.
#7SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 4/9/2013 2:39:49 PM
I think it was always an eventuality that the main games would make the jump to a 3D world. As long as this doesn't result in anything dumb, like making routes/towns smaller, than I'm all for it. It /almost/ makes up for the lack of a Stadium-esque game.
#8P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/9/2013 2:41:09 PM
Fritz8x0 posted...
Oh yeah and mods? You can't scilent opinions as trolling. Some people hate the new pokemon and want to change it before the game is released. Deal with it.

Is this in reply to what I had said earlier? Honestly i hadn't even seen your username, so I didn't think you were trolling. I actually thought you were attempt satire, then someone posted "Fritz topic", and then I checked back, and laughed to myself a little bit.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#9SlimeStackPosted 4/9/2013 2:43:10 PM
If it's done right then I'll be more attached to the Pokémon world than ever before.

I remember when they started using 3D in Diamond and Pearl, and I loved the little details like the Pokémart signs rotating.
---
Moo
#10zombiabsolPosted 4/9/2013 2:46:07 PM
I love that sprites are gone and we get models.
Pokemon in gen 5 looked ugly on your team, cuz they were all pixelated looking from your side, while the enemies looked good.

But with models, pokemon look how they should.

Also, the camera change and the 3d aspect is going to one of my favorite things this gen.

And Cel shaded graphics are probably my favorite art style, thanks to the amazing games gravity rush and sly cooper, so I'm happy my third favorite franchise is adding them in.

And the atmosphere so far is really nice. From what I've seen so far, it reminds me of johto mixed with hoenn, which are my favorite regions.
---
(PSN:zombiabsol3) RE6 and PASBR <3
Waiting for: Remember Me, The last of Us, and Pokemon X.