This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm gonna have to hop on the bandwagon this time..

#1JobClassPosted 4/9/2013 2:38:36 PM
I usually loathe the critisism directed towards the Pokemon company in terms of their presentation and designs. I was there for first gen as well, the whole shebang. So I understand the whole pokemon nostalgia/childhood thing.

I'm usually quite pleased with their designs and notably, character designs.

Since Gen 3, I've always seen the trainer designs as innovative and inventive. There was Lucas dawn after that and then there were 4 different gen v trainers as well as 3 rivals. I liked all their designs.

That being said...

I actually loathe this new boy trainer's design. I think it looks bland and flat. I realize Gamefreak is under the Nintendo umbrella, but he also looks far too "nintendo-ised" Like someone who just stepped off the screen of Wii. What happened?

Otherwise, I'm really liking the new Pokemon.
---
"I bestow upon you the gift of life! Rejuvenate!"
#2Sir_AnarchistPosted 4/9/2013 2:39:19 PM
Okay...
---
I'm pretty positive YOLO is just Carpe Diem for stupid people.
#3AeoninPosted 4/9/2013 2:40:38 PM
To be honest, I'm not really feeling the male protagonist either. The female is a lot better, but I'm still not as big a fan of her design than Hilda or Rosa's. I'm sure the remake/sequels will have some cool re-designs though.
---
"A man's soul burns hotter than any cape." - xgamer1234
#4EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 2:41:54 PM
I don't loathe it, but I don't like it either. I do love the girl's design quite a bit though.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#5zurcnPosted 4/9/2013 2:42:19 PM
I believe they look bland due to being customizable

this is due to the flawed logic that most customizable PCs are bland which does not imply the above
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU
#6Capitan_KidPosted 4/9/2013 2:43:27 PM
New FeMC sucks cuz she aint showing off dat ass.
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#7PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/9/2013 2:43:31 PM
The designs for the trainers we've seen look very close to BW protags, and very bland as well. I was under the assumption that most people speculated we'd get trainer customization this time because of it.

If not, then, I could agree. I'd have to see some offical art before judging though.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#8RuwalkPosted 4/9/2013 2:44:14 PM
To me the new male protagonist looks exactly like BW1's male protagonist. I feel kinda sorry for him actually...with all the other innovations this game seems to be going for it's sad that he was made to be so bland.

I do like the female's design though. It's also nice to potentially see a female protagonist with possibly red or blond hair (I could have seen the video wrong though).
#9KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/9/2013 2:44:27 PM
Is there actually a bandwagon for this?

This is the first time I heard it said.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#10EnferolunosPosted 4/9/2013 2:45:36 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
The designs for the trainers we've seen look very close to BW protags, and very bland as well. I was under the assumption that most people speculated we'd get trainer customization this time because of it.

If not, then, I could agree. I'd have to see some offical art before judging though.

Huh? The male design isn't too different, but the female design is incredibly different.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you