This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want certian anime physics to make it into XY

#1PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/9/2013 5:19:12 PM
Just to see the butthurt.

There was an episode in Johto that had Jessie explain Wobbuffet's Counter and Mirror Coat against Ash's Bulbasaur using Vine Whip, and she stated that the grass attack was physical, which at the time, caused so much butthurt on the boards because at the time, attacks were classified according to Type and not properties.

Then 2 gens later, Vine Whip gets classified as a physical attack with the whole split and no one ever mentions it again.

Really want to see this happen, just to screw with people that take the anime that seriously with game mechanics when the staff itself, through all their changes, can't uphold consistency in the world they created, and the games themselves that have WTF inconsistences and logics that don't make sense according to our world.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#2Great_ReapettePosted 4/9/2013 5:39:42 PM
Swellow should get an ability allowing it to get
THUNAH AHMOUR
---
-One hundred and nine characters of space for rent-
#3Brandon042487Posted 4/9/2013 5:40:31 PM
You're wanting essentially

Pikachu vs Brock's Onix
Pikachu aim for the horn
Magmar's Air Lens
Thunder armor
Counter Shield

And all other crap that makes the anime look cool to be put in the game.

Ok I'll have a team of Unown and alter reality.
---
Bazinga!
#4Majora999Posted 4/9/2013 5:42:33 PM
Hey, if they can make Blaze look as cool in 3D as it does on Ash's Infernape, I'm all for it.

None of my Pokémon really have horns to aim for, so I think I'd be safe.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#5Brandon042487Posted 4/9/2013 5:42:46 PM
Also ill capture Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos to bring an imbalance in the worlds oceanic streams bringing the end of the world.
---
Bazinga!
#6Zarren364Posted 4/9/2013 5:44:28 PM
Abram, I respect you as part of this board, but I don't get why, other than the butthurt.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#7CharizardFirePosted 4/9/2013 5:47:15 PM

Pikachu vs Brock's Onix

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/soak.shtml
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#8DreamsaberPosted 4/9/2013 5:51:25 PM
He said he only wanted certain anime physics, you guys. He doesn't want "Dodge it!" to be the fifth battle option, he just wants Water Pulse to explode when hitting Water Pulse.
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#9Brandon042487Posted 4/9/2013 5:53:43 PM
CharizardFire posted...

Pikachu vs Brock's Onix

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/soak.shtml

Soak was done by sprinklers not by pokemon.

By this logic Rain dance should be a permanent soak effect aswell.
---
Bazinga!
#10Katharina27Posted 4/9/2013 5:55:28 PM
By making the anime physics an in-game phenomenon, you run the risk of making the game mechanics as contradictory as the bible! You would need to add another random number generator into the damage formula to see not only how many options you have for defying the laws of physics with this type of attack but weather or not you even succeed.

They would also have to add props to the battle screen like tree branches and sprinklers which you can choose to focus your attack on instead of the Pokemon. That little addition could be fun though.
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.