This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Ferrothorn completely outclass forretress?

#11Pendragon71037Posted 4/9/2013 6:09:43 PM
EpicYoshi801 posted...
Ferrothorn doesn't get Toxic Spikes, and it is weak to the most common offensive type in the game.

Forretress is also weak to Fire, just so you know.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#12Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 4/9/2013 6:11:48 PM
EpicYoshi801 posted...
Ferrothorn doesn't get Toxic Spikes, and it is weak to the most common offensive type in the game.

lol toxic spikes.

the fight weak is mitigated by team mates who pwn tehsuckion.
---
imanalt.
#13noname2lazyPosted 4/9/2013 6:14:46 PM
Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes and not weak to fighting are really the only things it has going for it. For everything else Ferrothorn is better.
#14nro87Posted 4/9/2013 6:17:25 PM
noname2lazy posted...
Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes and not weak to fighting are really the only things it has going for it. For everything else Ferrothorn is better.

Don't forget sturdy.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#15Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 4/9/2013 6:38:18 PM
nro87 posted...
noname2lazy posted...

Don't forget sturdy.

iron barbs **** all over sturdy
---
imanalt.
#16KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/9/2013 6:42:17 PM
Forretress can lay spikes/toxicspikes/stealthrock, isn't weak against fighting, can rapid spin, and Sturdy pretty much promises it'll at least get one move in. Also, it can use Volt Switch to escape trappers.

Ferrothorn can lay spikes/stealthrock, has almost double Forretress's base spdef, resists water, can SubSeed, is much better offensively, and can punish contact attacks with Iron Barbs.

1 on 1, Ferrothorn wins easily with leech seed and Iron Barbs(against rapid spin), but it really just depends on what you need.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#17wahaha199Posted 4/9/2013 6:44:25 PM
Rapid spin is the godsend that kept the original there
Hallelujah
---
So... Asianwide is on yo side!
Wok an' Roll