This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think they'll use the cries?

#1OshawottGuy4Posted 4/9/2013 5:45:13 PM
Or do you think they'll use the anime voices for the pokemon?
---
Like My Father said: If you want to hide something, put it out in the open. ~Venture Brothers
#2PsychoWolfXPosted 4/9/2013 5:46:19 PM
huh...I never thought of that.

They'll probably stick with cries though.
#3ecylisPosted 4/9/2013 5:46:45 PM
Cries
---
http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
#4jayman7Posted 4/9/2013 5:49:37 PM(edited)
There's a third option: Stadium cries, at least for Pokémon of the first two gens. Which is IMHO the best option. Unfortunately, since legal issues are weird sometimes, GameFreak may need to pay off HAL in order to use them and may not bother (which is likely why Genius Sonority's games didn't use them.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5NessEggmanPosted 4/9/2013 5:51:36 PM
Definitely cries.

I would hate it if they put voices in it. The voices would have to be really low-quality, too, considering the large number of them (and how much space Pokemon games tend to take up). Plus it's way more obnoxious to hear the same voice clip over and over compared to hearing the same sound effect over and over.

Imagine if instead of hearing a tick or beep sound when you moved up or down in a menu, but you heard someone shout "UP!" or "DOWN!" every time... if you wanted to move from Bulbasaur to Pikachu and then look at its entry in the national dex you would hear

DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! SELECTION!!

Doesn't that seem obnoxious? But when it's just a beep or click it's not as bad.

So if every time I started a battle, I had to hear some unrealistic person shouting out the name of my Pokemon in a stupid voice, it would become frustrating and tedious to listen to very quickly.

But when it's a sound effect it is seems more fitting.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#6OshawottGuy4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 5:55:54 PM
NessEggman posted...
Definitely cries.

I would hate it if they put voices in it. The voices would have to be really low-quality, too, considering the large number of them (and how much space Pokemon games tend to take up). Plus it's way more obnoxious to hear the same voice clip over and over compared to hearing the same sound effect over and over.

Imagine if instead of hearing a tick or beep sound when you moved up or down in a menu, but you heard someone shout "UP!" or "DOWN!" every time... if you wanted to move from Bulbasaur to Pikachu and then look at its entry in the national dex you would hear

DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! SELECTION!!

Doesn't that seem obnoxious? But when it's just a beep or click it's not as bad.

So if every time I started a battle, I had to hear some unrealistic person shouting out the name of my Pokemon in a stupid voice, it would become frustrating and tedious to listen to very quickly.

I'm talking about the POKEMON, not an announcer. Like Pikachu says "Pika" and Onix roars like it does in the anime.
---
Like My Father said: If you want to hide something, put it out in the open. ~Venture Brothers
#7Katharina27Posted 4/9/2013 5:57:21 PM
The Pokemon cries all need to be redone! They had better revamp those cries.
---
I am guilty of being an insufferable smart ass!
Too many people I know would be perfectly content to burn me for a witch.
#8PokequitterPosted 4/9/2013 5:57:38 PM
Remember pokemon yellow? Credits screen, a low quality "Pikachu!" Sound would play when you pressed start, and the load or start new screen, the option would also scream at you, per your selection, "Pika!" Also in low quality.

Now adays I play with the sound off most times, but if I have to hear all the pokemons names instead of sounds, I'd never play with sound. Seems unrealistic anyway, we are now talking over 700+ pokemon... So, that'd be a TON of memory usage.
#9CakeOfLiesPosted 4/9/2013 5:59:06 PM
Update most of the Gen I and II cries (Legendaries could keep theirs. Ho-Oh and Lugia, for example).
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#10NessEggmanPosted 4/9/2013 6:01:26 PM
OshawottGuy4 posted...
NessEggman posted...
Definitely cries.

I'm talking about the POKEMON, not an announcer. Like Pikachu says "Pika" and Onix roars like it does in the anime.

You do realize that humans do the voices for Pokemon right? I don't want Ikue Otani yelling out "PIKACHU!!!" in a screechy voice every time a battle starts. (or whatever actor doing whatever voice for whatever my common first Pokemon is...)

That is what I'm referring to. Not an announcer.

And considering 85% of the cartoon Pokes have an obnoxious and unrealistic voice that actually speaks a word, this would sound REALLY stupid to hear all the time.

I hated it in Super Smash Bros so I would hate it even more in Pokemon.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."