This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think they'll use the cries?

#11PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/9/2013 6:08:11 PM
I want Stadium level cries. Forget the 8 Bit and anime variations.

Speaking of which, I was under the assuption that the cries in the games were based of the names of the pokemon anyway. Chatot's cry, is pretty much undenaible proof, even more when you realize his Japanese name is Perappu. Even Rydon's cry is suspect.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#12jayman7Posted 4/9/2013 6:10:44 PM
PkmTrainerAbram posted...

Speaking of which, I was under the assuption that the cries in the games were based of the names of the pokemon anyway. Chatot's cry, is pretty much undenaible proof, even more when you realize his Japanese name is Perappu. Even Rydon's cry is suspect.

At least some of them. Pachirisu's cry sounds like its name (said at hyper speed) too. Others not as much.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#13HeyWheresKelPosted 4/9/2013 6:12:06 PM
OshawottGuy4 posted...
NessEggman posted...
Definitely cries.

I would hate it if they put voices in it. The voices would have to be really low-quality, too, considering the large number of them (and how much space Pokemon games tend to take up). Plus it's way more obnoxious to hear the same voice clip over and over compared to hearing the same sound effect over and over.

Imagine if instead of hearing a tick or beep sound when you moved up or down in a menu, but you heard someone shout "UP!" or "DOWN!" every time... if you wanted to move from Bulbasaur to Pikachu and then look at its entry in the national dex you would hear

DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! SELECTION!!

Doesn't that seem obnoxious? But when it's just a beep or click it's not as bad.

So if every time I started a battle, I had to hear some unrealistic person shouting out the name of my Pokemon in a stupid voice, it would become frustrating and tedious to listen to very quickly.

But when it's a sound effect it is seems more fitting.

I'm talking about the POKEMON, not an announcer. Like Pikachu says "Pika" and Onix roars like it does in the anime.

Fun fact: Onix isn't roaring. It's saying its Japanese name "Iwark".
---
"I see the way you look at him. I'm a man too, ya know? I go pee pee standing up!"
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png
#14Hydra_Gundam_Posted 4/9/2013 6:12:37 PM
I like how they sound in Super Smash Bros. Its just right.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#15PkmTrainerAbramPosted 4/9/2013 6:13:11 PM
jayman7 posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...

At least some of them. Pachirisu's cry sounds like its name (said at hyper speed) too. Others not as much.

I exaggerated yeah, but still, I thought I was the only one to notice it.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon LeafGreen(JPN) (blitz living Dex run COMPLETE), Pokemon HeartGold(JPN) run 470/493
#16PsychoWolfXPosted 4/9/2013 6:19:47 PM
The thought of a Pokedex saying "UP UP UP UP" and "DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN" when you scroll made me laugh so hard >.<
#17Gsus_94Posted 4/9/2013 6:26:05 PM
jayman7 posted...
There's a third option: Stadium cries, at least for Pokémon of the first two gens. Which is IMHO the best option. Unfortunately, since legal issues are weird sometimes, GameFreak may need to pay off HAL in order to use them and may not bother (which is likely why Genius Sonority's games didn't use them.)

What's different about the cries from pokemon stadium?
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#18Noble-HeartPosted 4/9/2013 6:32:29 PM
I'm more curious to see if they will use sprites or 3D models for the introduction screen for trainers.
---
Official Kris of the Pokemon X and Y board
#19javel34Posted 4/9/2013 6:51:26 PM
Noble-Heart posted...
I'm more curious to see if they will use sprites or 3D models for the introduction screen for trainers.

I didn't even think of that. But I mean how many trainer classes are there? I'm guessing 3d could be done.
---
Black 2 FC:0519 5089 8733