This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ultimate Volcarona Moveset

#21Faust_8Posted 4/10/2013 8:02:56 AM
iKhanic posted...
scraadin posted...
it looks cool

HAHAHAHAHAHA good one. It looks nasty.

And my Charizard has complete neutral coverage, including Heatran.

I hope you realize that appearance is based upon subjective, personal, not-a-fact-at-all opinions right?

Most of your hate towards Volcarona is just because it's as good as you wish Charizard was anyway.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#22SerperiorThanUPosted 4/10/2013 8:58:59 AM
It's actually better if Psychic was replaced with Hidden Power Ground or Rock but that's only really doable in simulators.
#23iKhanicPosted 4/10/2013 9:11:34 AM
Faust_8 posted...
iKhanic posted...
scraadin posted...
it looks cool

I hope you realize that appearance is based upon subjective, personal, not-a-fact-at-all opinions right?

Most of your hate towards Volcarona is just because it's as good as you wish Charizard was anyway.

I know. I just have a really hard time fathoming how people think it looks cool.

Nope, I hate Volcarona's appearance independently of Charizard. Granted I'm not happy that it outclasses Charizard, but thats not my original reason for hating it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#24Gray_AreasPosted 4/10/2013 9:15:32 AM
ThatKipp posted...
Also it hits like a lemon-wrapped brick.

My opinion.

I bet getting hit with a lemon-wrapped brick still hurts. That's still a lot of mass. Plus the lemons have the added effect of spraying their painful, acidic insides all over you when you get hit with it.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#25Faust_8Posted 4/10/2013 8:43:13 PM
iKhanic posted...
Faust_8 posted...
iKhanic posted...
scraadin posted...
it looks cool

I know. I just have a really hard time fathoming how people think it looks cool.

Nope, I hate Volcarona's appearance independently of Charizard. Granted I'm not happy that it outclasses Charizard, but thats not my original reason for hating it.

It has 6 wings, looks like a sun burst, but also looks like a moth/Mothra...I mean, why not?

Although I do think part of why its appearance is appealing is the "mythology" to it. It creates wildfires just by scattering embers as it flies overhead, how it literally REPLACED THE SUN in times of need...it's a rather mythical Pokemon, seemingly one of the prime examples of a true Fire type. A real embodiment of fire itself. That's why I like it, not just based on how it looks.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#26tsunamisurfer08Posted 4/10/2013 9:10:45 PM
I have always been one to prefer function over fashion. And Volcarona can hit like a truck. That's good enough for me.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#27iKhanicPosted 4/10/2013 9:19:59 PM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
I have always been one to prefer function over fashion. And Volcarona can hit like a truck. That's good enough for me.

I'll give you this. Volcarona's a boss for being the only 4x stealth rock weak poke without amazing stats and a giant BST to ever crack OU.

Charizard wishes it could have Volcarona's special attacking prowess (Although I stand by the fact that he's the 2nd best special sweeping fire type after Volcarona (discounting Ubers) )
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#28Thepenguinking2Posted 4/10/2013 9:28:09 PM
Snugarona has shameful defense, a smack down could take it out.
It also looks disgusting.
and has a poor typing (Even if it is unique)
that's why I hate it.
---
WHY CAN'T SHEDINJA LEARN ENTRAINMENTMe in the X board
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
#29iKhanicPosted 4/10/2013 9:31:10 PM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Snugarona has shameful defense, a smack down could take it out.
It also looks disgusting.
and has a poor typing (Even if it is unique)
that's why I hate it.

It's not really poor typing at all. It's about as good as Fire/Flying, which is a decent typing with only 3 weaknesses, 5 resistances (2 of which are 4x).

A poor typing is Fire/Rock or Bug/Flying.

It does look disgusting though, and its damn easy to KO with anything physical.
---