This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The First Pokemon Was the Best Pokemon, but...

#1EstheimasterPosted 4/9/2013 8:57:12 PM
As a Pokémon fan since 1999 whose first game was Red and whose favorite Pokémon is the one he chose when he was 6, Bulbasaur, I welcome all the changes that have been brought to the series. Each new addition is a new chapter to the never-ending story.

Pokemon was the game series and TV show of my childhood and I think it's going stronger than ever now. I used to be a little ashamed to admit that I was a Pokemon fan in high school, but now it's so much more accepted.

I feared the shift to 3D because I loved the sprite animations, but I am more than pleased with the current results. It's still the gameplay I love, just with new faces. Each new Pokemon is like an undiscovered animal, and while there are some hits and misses, they're still Pokemon. Yeah, Newtwo looks a bit strange and it wouldn't have been my choice of a Mewtwo form, but GF has yet to let me down in regards to gameplay, and anyway, I don't use Legendaries much. The power creep has rendered some older Pokemon more difficult to use, but I still enjoy the new faces. Pokemon couldn't stay just Snorlax, Blissey, Skarmory, Starmie, Gengar, Alakazam forever. And despite some people's opinions, I'm not tired of the 8 gym, Elite Four, Champion setup of each game. If I wanted to play a save the world game, I'd play Dragon Quest if I wanted to help Pokemon wildlife I'd play Ranger.

The anime has taken a hit because of the culture (prompting "less violent" episodes), but it still has its moments. I'll argue that Kanto was the best anime series, but each other one had their own nuances and fun. Orange Islands kept Kanto's humor. Johto was long and you never knew where it'd take you. Hoenn and Battle Frontier introduced May and Max, two enjoyable sibling characters that added a new dynamic to the group and Contests, which were extremely interesting. Sinnoh was long, but I enjoyed every episode I watched as we saw Dawn blossom into the amazing trainer she is today. I've only seen ~20 of Unova's episodes (college), but they still maintain some of the charm of the series while adding in some random humor. Ash, Misty, and Brock were golden, but their new companions have done a good job of filling their shoes. I have problems with Iris (too immature and rude to Ash) and Cilan (too talkative), but eventually it's okay to let that go and enjoy the battles, what the series really captured me with.

I plan on supporting GF and Pokemon for as long as I can, because change will keep things interesting while maintaining the formula I love. I'll end this with the parting words or the fourth Pokemon movie (a rather good one that finally used time travel well)... Pokemon 4Ever!
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#2SkylaIsMyWifePosted 4/9/2013 8:58:50 PM
since when did anyone consider bulbasaur the best pokemon?

ahaha i kid i kid :)
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^