This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sceptile is the superior lizard

#41LexifoxPosted 4/10/2013 2:14:22 AM
It's just sad that someone can disagree, support it with facts, and then people have to call them a troll without saying anything to support it.

All they have is hurtful insults and baseless accusations, when I have facts that cut through their delusions like Stealth Rock through aerial lizards.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#42LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:16:00 AM
Lexifox posted...
It's just sad that someone can disagree, support it with facts, and then people have to call them a troll without saying anything to support it.

All they have is hurtful insults and baseless accusations, when I have facts that cut through their delusions like Stealth Rock through aerial lizards.

Poor Galileo. The church is still like that.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the hearts nemesis." - Trema
#43Skull_proPosted 4/10/2013 2:16:21 AM
wind64a posted...
Why not Grovyle?

This. Grovyle was badass in EoT/D/S
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#44BestInTheWorIdPosted 4/10/2013 2:32:55 AM
What's more sadder is how people continue arguing about something this dumb -_-
#45Misdreavus573Posted 4/10/2013 4:31:35 AM
Sceptile has to be one of the most overrated Pokemon ever.
#46LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:33:01 AM
Misdreavus573 posted...
Charizard has to be one of the most overrated Pokemon ever.

Ftfy
---
#47Misdreavus573Posted 4/10/2013 4:37:36 AM
Sceptile is more overrated than Charizard.

At least Charizard looks cool. Sceptile's design is absolutely hideous.
#48LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:38:59 AM
Misdreavus573 posted...
Charizard is more overrated than Sceptile.

At least Sceptile looks cool. Charizard's design is absolutely hideous.

Ftfy again.
---
#49Grammar_manPosted 4/10/2013 4:45:07 AM
iKhanic posted...
LightningAce11 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Well, considering Charizard's a dragon, I agree.

He's a lizard with wings. He doesn't deserve the dragon status.

You people need to open your eyes and see that he's obviously based on a dragon. I mean, just compare a picture of Charizard to any picture of a European dragon and there is a striking resemblance.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/lcr/fsca/img/09000.jpg

Not really.

European Dragons:
The heraldic dragon has a huge body of reptilian nature covered with a mail of plate and scales and a row of extending from head to tail, ending in a great and deadly stinger. From gaping jaws with formidable fangs he belches flames. He has round luminous eyes, a dangerous spike on his nose, a forked tongue, eagle's feet and bat's wings. The dragon in heraldry is symbolic of power, wisdom and astuteness.

This is the actual "European Dragon", unless you want to get into the serpent dragons of other european lore(which by the way, Serperior resemble far more than Charizard).

Charizard is more stereotypical modern fantasy dragon than "european dragon", and even then, those dragons are mostly quadropeds. Much like how Rapidash isn't based on an actual mythical unicorn(which is more similar to the asian Qilin than to the horned horses, being an unholy mix of things), but on the stereotypical modern fantasy version.
#50DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/10/2013 4:58:49 AM
Charizard is more stereotypical modern fantasy dragon than "european dragon", and even then, those dragons are mostly quadropeds.

I get what you're saying, but there are still bipedal dragons. How many bipedal non-dragon lizards do you see? (The GEICO Gecko does not count)

Oh, and "stereotypical modern fantasy dragon" is still a dragon, just the modern perception. Charizard is very much modern, not medieval.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.