This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The only new type I would be okay with is...

#11iKhanicPosted 4/11/2013 12:14:42 AM
Here's my idea for the type chart for sound

Sound vs.
2x:
Water- Sound can displace water
Ground- Sound displaces sand
Dragon- I suppose high pitched noises aren't fun for dragons
Fighting- Sound can cause fighters to lose focus

1/2x
Psychic- Mental strength allows Psychic types to ignore
Sound- like TC said Sound cancels sound
Bug- I believe bugs like crickets utilize sound in their lives
Ghost- Maybe Ghosts just don't hear sound???

vs Sound.
2X:
Psychic
Bug
Electric: Electric devices make and can drown out sounds

1/2X:
Water
Ground
Sound
Steel: Sound travels faster in solids

I'd really love to give Ice a resistance, but the truth is, sound travels faster in solids, and can shatter ice at the right resonant frequency, so it would actually make more sense for it to be SE against ice.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12LightningHawk90Posted 4/11/2013 12:16:13 AM
Chrono_Syndrome posted...
Arne83 posted...
No. Sound is a horrible idea for a type.

Still times better than Bug. And noone of you stopped GF from adding Bug. No. Friggin' One.

A) Bug type was an original type when the games came out
B) Even if someone "tried" to stop GF from "adding" it, It would be added anyways because well, GF doesn't give two flying ****s about what we think.
C) How is sound a better idea than bug?
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#13Chrono_SyndromePosted 4/11/2013 12:59:54 AM(edited)
RageKaiser posted...
Chrono_Syndrome posted...
Arne83 posted...

Still times better than Bug. And noone of you stopped GF from adding Bug. No. Friggin' One.

A) Bug type was an original type when the games came out

Exactly. As well as Rock/Ground differentiation. Just imagine reaction if somoene would propose splitting rocks from earth now.

B) Even if someone "tried" to stop GF from "adding" it, It would be added anyways because well, GF doesn't give two flying ****s about what we think.

True enough. They even added Fighting type, despite of whole "every pokemon make noises, every pokemon fights" argument.

C) How is sound a better idea than bug?

Difference between bug stinging and…hmm…marine snail stinging is not really outstanding enough to handle it separately (and why ordinary mammal is immune to ghostly assaults, while ordinary vermin isn’t ?). Difference between wave-based and particle impact-based attack (like, between Supersonic and Hyper Beam) is already noted significant enough to be respected by dedicated “Soundproof” ability. So why not just make one logical step further ?
#14BountyanPosted 4/11/2013 1:15:05 AM
I prefer Fairy.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#15TherianReturnsPosted 4/11/2013 1:16:55 AM
No new types. New moves only pr0x
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#16WindyligthPosted 4/11/2013 1:17:32 AM
This is pretty well thought out. It's too bad most people here will just go "Hurr durr, sounds r badd tipe!!!"
---
I am here to promote the discussion and appreciation of Fennekin.
#17Chrono_SyndromePosted 4/11/2013 2:01:08 AM
TherianReturns posted...
No new types. New moves only pr0x

So, no Dark nor Steel ? Or, wait...
#18Chaos_MissilePosted 4/11/2013 2:29:02 AM
Arne83 posted...

It's a least a much better and sound idea compared to *ugh* Light and Love type.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#19paiprPosted 4/11/2013 2:50:25 AM
If sound passes through solids, seems like a good reason for it not to be very effective versus ghosts since ghosts are described as being no physical and all.

also I see flying types being x2 effective against it. Since if you fly fast enough you can break the sound barrier.

honestly not apposed to sound type, just when I think of what it be strong to I md up thinking something similar to fighting types, strong versus ice, rock, steel. And really do those three really need another shared weakness. Maybe ground could be week for the same reason as rock (yet again do they need another shared weakness) I know several have mentioned psychic types strong to it, but I kinda think they could be week, due to the distractions lots of sounds can cause someone trying to focus their mind.

hmmmm maybe grass type could be immune. Why you ask well besides being my favorite type and grass needing something in its corner let me ask you this, if a grass type falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound type?
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#20Chrono_SyndromePosted 4/11/2013 3:13:01 AM
>>Light and Love type.
Well, Warumonzaemon did heart attacks nicely enough for GF's eternal competitors...