This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The only new type I would be okay with is...

#21shrooboid313Posted 4/11/2013 3:25:29 AM
At least you've actually thought this through properly.

I wouldn't mind if there were a light type either. It'd make sense seeing as though there's Dark type.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel. I do game walkthroughs.
#22Arne83Posted 4/11/2013 3:37:01 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Arne83 posted...
No. Sound is a horrible idea for a type.

It's a least a much better and sound idea compared to *ugh* Light and Love type.

I will agree that it is better than... geh... love type (I get sick to my stomach every time I say that). I disagree with you on Light.

Yes, Light is easily the most boring, unimaginative, and generic idea for a type ever. But it actually makes sense. So I have to say it's better than sound.

shrooboid313 posted...
I wouldn't mind if there were a light type either. It'd make sense seeing as though there's Dark type.

Learn what Dark Type actually is, then comment again.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#23FDSupremaPosted 4/11/2013 3:53:09 AM
Arne83 posted...
Yes, Light is easily the most boring, unimaginative, and generic idea for a type ever. But it actually makes sense. So I have to say it's better than sound.

Honestly, Light type, to me, would be just as bad as sound. Sound is dumb because literally everything makes sound, which is vibrations in the air. Light is dumb because light is literally everywhere. And one could argue that Electric or Fire pokemon already fit the whole illuminating role for that kind of Light type.

And the people who say "There needs to be Light cause there's Dark hurr durr", THAT kind of "Light" type already exists in the "Fighting" Type, which represents honor and justice, whereas "Dark" does not represent a lack of light, but rather dishonor and unjust actions.
---
As you read this, you suddenly feel inexplicable rage.
Dwayne Johnson is best pokeymanz
#24RAcastBlasterPosted 4/11/2013 4:11:15 AM
Honestly, I just want them to shake things up again. There weren't any major mechanical changes in gen 5, and that kinda bothered me. I do realize that there wasn't simply because they were sticking with the system that works, but I want something MAJOR for gen 6. And the only thing I can think of them doing is a new type or two. I'd be all for it, whatever the outcome.
---
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles
#25Chrono_SyndromePosted 4/11/2013 4:56:44 AM(edited)
literally everything makes sound

Everything in Pokemon universe fights as well. It never prevented Fighting to be spearate type on it's own. Design your own excuses, please.
Yet well, I prefer "Acoustic" or "Sonic" for naming myself. Not every frequency is deadly dangerous without sufficient magnitude.
#26Misdreavus573Posted 4/11/2013 4:54:47 AM
Sound type is okay but I'm not crazy about, Love type is ridiculous.

But I'd actually really like a Light type, though I'd prefer it to be like a Holy type. More an anti-Ghost than an anti-Dark.
#27KrisipokePosted 4/11/2013 5:07:41 AM
This sounds okay, but I still wouldn't like to have more types. It would be a bit unbalanced if we had 5 generations without the sound type, and then we would have one with it. Then we would have a shltload of sound-types in one generation, or there would be almost none. If they changed many older Pokémon's types, that would be a bit confusing. It's still a problem for me and many others to remember that Magnemite and magneton were pure electric-types back when, now imagine if we had to remember the old and new typed for 30 Pokémon.

Also, if GameFreak really wanted a sound type, they would have implemented it much earlier, at least when they introduced a completely sound-based evolution family and an ability resolving around sound (gen 3). Why would they have waited for 6 generations?
---
Goemon, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Paper Mario, Alex Roivas, Isaac, and Prince Sabure for SSB4!
http://www.backloggery.com/krisi
#28FDSupremaPosted 4/11/2013 5:52:00 AM
Chrono_Syndrome posted...

Everything in Pokemon universe fights as well. It never prevented Fighting to be spearate type on it's own. Design your own excuses, please.

Ah, but you see, if you read further I explained what "Fighting" actually represented. It's more a representation of Martial Arts, honor, and justice and whatnot, than just, you know, fighting.
---
As you read this, you suddenly feel inexplicable rage.
Dwayne Johnson is best pokeymanz
#29CakeOfLiesPosted 4/11/2013 6:03:52 AM
Don't make Sound SE against Steel.
That would make four types SE against what should be the defensive type.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#30naruko243Posted 4/11/2013 6:08:16 AM
FDSuprema posted...
Chrono_Syndrome posted...

Ah, but you see, if you read further I explained what "Fighting" actually represented. It's more a representation of Martial Arts, honor, and justice and whatnot, than just, you know, fighting.

To be fair sound can represent more of the musical and rhythm based aspects of it, or perhaps it'll relate to the science of what sound can do with some steel types. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised considering Bug,rock(we have ground, hardly a difference), a dark type that doesn't really mean evil or dark and its more for dirty fighting from what I understand, and flying types instead of just wind(never seemed to make sense to.me)
---
Psn: LunarReaper Pokemon Black Fc: 4385 0099 5107