This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon are Digimon... Kinda?

#1korbinationPosted 4/10/2013 10:36:12 AM
So I was just thinking, so pokemon are captured in pokeballs, which can be sent to the computer for storage. So pokemon have to be compressed into some state that can travel wirelessly to a computer. So wouldn't it make more sense that pokemon are actually "digital" monsters?

Like think of pokeballs as usb flashdrives in ball form. They hold the information of the pokemon, and when used send out the pokemon. And when you capture pokemon, if your flashdrive space is full, it automatically just like emails it to your computer.

Then to move pokemon in the computer is just plugging in your flashdrive, downloading your pokemon, and uploading any you wanna take out.

So pokemon are kinda like digital information, so Digimon by the name....? Does think make any sense or was I just having a whack-o moment?
---
It's ok to cry
#2Pooo869Posted 4/10/2013 10:37:14 AM
whack-o-moment
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"
#3korbination(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:40:26 AM
can you give me some reason this theory fails? What are some other theories how they get transported and such? (I'm just curious, not really defending my theory all too much)
---
It's ok to cry
#4Jrx1Posted 4/10/2013 10:40:53 AM
Wow WTF. I was TOTALLY thinking about creating the same topic today. Wow, ninja'd as hell O___O
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#5SlimeStackPosted 4/10/2013 10:43:27 AM
In Digimon Savers and Xros Wars they actually store their Digimon inside their digivice things. In the latter's case they store a whole team of Digimon just like Pokémon. :S
---
Moo
#6korbination(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:43:48 AM
so its not as crazy as i thought....
---
It's ok to cry
#7Pooo869Posted 4/10/2013 10:44:56 AM
korbination posted...
can you give me some reason this theory fails? What are some other theories how they get transported and such? (I'm just curious, not really defending my theory all too much)

I always thought that the PC physically stored pokeballs
---
Black 2 FC - 3869-6069-8826 -PSN- Pooo869
"You know you and I are alike, we do not fear the things we must do"
#8darkdragongirlPosted 4/10/2013 10:45:31 AM
Because Pokemon existed before Digimon for one.

Saying Pokemon are Digimon implies that Pokemon copied Digimon.

Most Pokemon are organic as well.They die. Their "data" doesn't transfer into new digi/Poke-eggs.

And I'm pretty sure all Pokemon sans Legendaries (FU Phione) can mate to make new Pokemon.

Digimon reproduce by "dying".
#9darkdragongirlPosted 4/10/2013 10:46:49 AM
Pooo869 posted...
korbination posted...

I always thought that the PC physically stored pokeballs

I like to imagine they go to whatever region's Professor's lab. Like the anime.
#10korbination(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:47:46 AM
well i didn't mean they ARE digimon, just maybe they do take a digital form. So how would you explain the PC storage thing, idk the physical storage thing just doesnt click with me too much
---
It's ok to cry