This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinion: This long-time Pokemon player LOVES gen 6 so far

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Opinion: This long-time Pokemon player LOVES gen 6 so far

User Info: Cenedarprime

Cenedarprime
3 years ago#1
I have been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue on our beloved gray brick, and while its a surprise to nobody that this is happening, there seems to be a lot of negativity going around about various elements of the new Pokemon and gameplay we've seen. Like I said, nothing new, but still makes one a little weary.

From what I've seen so far, I'm really digging everything about gen 6. So I'll just give a quick 2 cents on what I see to be the biggest topics of debate on this board.

1) The Starters: These are always a tough one to talk about since alot of players get really attached to their starter each generation. Some players (like me) are loyal to a particular type, some switch around all the time, some just don't like starter Pokemon. I feel like this is the strongest looking group of starters overall since gen 3. I like certain starters from gens 4 and 5 (especially Piplup, Oshawott and Chimchar), but I feel like these take more chances in starter design. Heck, depending on how evolutions turn out, I could even start with Chespin, and I almost never use Grass type starters! They are that solid.

2) Sylveon: While not my favorite Pokemon design, it's far from bad and I do think it would be cool if it ends up being a Normal-type level up evolution for Eevee. I'm hoping it gets a counterpart evolution this gen (akin to Espeon/Umbreon and Glaceon/Leafeon).

3) The Main Characters: The male trainer has to grow on me a bit yet but I don't despise it and the female looks quite nice. The looks are simple enough (especially in comparison to BW2) that it gives me hope for some customization options.

4) Newtwo/Mewthree: Probably my favorite reveal so far. Wasn't sure about the purple fingers and toes at first, but it gives off kind of an "advanced evolution" feel that I always felt Mewtwo aspired to. Despite this, I think the DBZ jokes everybody is making are hi-larious.

So yeah, that's where I stand.
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"

User Info: Mugiloko

Mugiloko
3 years ago#2
Opinions? GameFAQs? wtf?
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board

User Info: Hydra_Gundam_

Hydra_Gundam_
3 years ago#3
I really like Newtwo. But I also like Arceus so what do I know.
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space

User Info: Donniedonz

Donniedonz
3 years ago#4
Mugiloko posted...
Opinions? GameFAQs? wtf?

o em gee
Well, well, well... What do we have here?

User Info: Cenedarprime

Cenedarprime
3 years ago#5
Mugiloko posted...
Opinions? GameFAQs? wtf?

Did I just blow your mind?
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"

User Info: marvel_man615

marvel_man615
3 years ago#6
The fact that it's fully 3D makes me love it no matter what. I also love Sylvein and Newtwo, I don't want to make a concise opinion on the starters till I see the final evolutions, but I like them so far.
I support: Toad, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie, Shadow, Bowser Jr, Daisy, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Pichu, Krystal and Shantae for SSB4!

User Info: TheMasterTurtle

TheMasterTurtle
3 years ago#7
I really am excited for this gen. Newtwo looks terrible for me though, the fingers and toes look terrible and I HATE the way the thighs connect with the body. It's body is also kind of pear liked and makes it look childlike.
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS

User Info: FrauMann1

FrauMann1
3 years ago#8
Been playing since the start of the franchise as well and I am getting more and more pumped about gen 6 with each passing day. I am certainly not a fan of Newtwo in any way, but one or two or even a dozen terrible Pokemon won't drive me away.
By reading the above post, the following side effects may occur...
Confusion, drowsiness, facepalm, increased rage, or spontaneous combustion.

User Info: Kovalchuk_

Kovalchuk_
3 years ago#9
Newtwo seems evil to me and that is GREAT!

KID BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Opinion: This long-time Pokemon player LOVES gen 6 so far

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived