This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinion: This long-time Pokemon player LOVES gen 6 so far

#1CenedarprimePosted 4/10/2013 11:10:21 AM
I have been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue on our beloved gray brick, and while its a surprise to nobody that this is happening, there seems to be a lot of negativity going around about various elements of the new Pokemon and gameplay we've seen. Like I said, nothing new, but still makes one a little weary.

From what I've seen so far, I'm really digging everything about gen 6. So I'll just give a quick 2 cents on what I see to be the biggest topics of debate on this board.

1) The Starters: These are always a tough one to talk about since alot of players get really attached to their starter each generation. Some players (like me) are loyal to a particular type, some switch around all the time, some just don't like starter Pokemon. I feel like this is the strongest looking group of starters overall since gen 3. I like certain starters from gens 4 and 5 (especially Piplup, Oshawott and Chimchar), but I feel like these take more chances in starter design. Heck, depending on how evolutions turn out, I could even start with Chespin, and I almost never use Grass type starters! They are that solid.

2) Sylveon: While not my favorite Pokemon design, it's far from bad and I do think it would be cool if it ends up being a Normal-type level up evolution for Eevee. I'm hoping it gets a counterpart evolution this gen (akin to Espeon/Umbreon and Glaceon/Leafeon).

3) The Main Characters: The male trainer has to grow on me a bit yet but I don't despise it and the female looks quite nice. The looks are simple enough (especially in comparison to BW2) that it gives me hope for some customization options.

4) Newtwo/Mewthree: Probably my favorite reveal so far. Wasn't sure about the purple fingers and toes at first, but it gives off kind of an "advanced evolution" feel that I always felt Mewtwo aspired to. Despite this, I think the DBZ jokes everybody is making are hi-larious.

So yeah, that's where I stand.
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#2MugilokoPosted 4/10/2013 11:11:44 AM
Opinions? GameFAQs? wtf?
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#3Hydra_Gundam_Posted 4/10/2013 11:11:58 AM
I really like Newtwo. But I also like Arceus so what do I know.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#4DonniedonzPosted 4/10/2013 11:12:54 AM
Mugiloko posted...
Opinions? GameFAQs? wtf?

o em gee
---
Well, well, well... What do we have here?
#5Cenedarprime(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 11:15:38 AM
Mugiloko posted...
Opinions? GameFAQs? wtf?

Did I just blow your mind?
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#6marvel_man615Posted 4/10/2013 11:15:56 AM
The fact that it's fully 3D makes me love it no matter what. I also love Sylvein and Newtwo, I don't want to make a concise opinion on the starters till I see the final evolutions, but I like them so far.
---
I support: Toad, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie, Shadow, Bowser Jr, Daisy, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Pichu, Krystal and Shantae for SSB4!
#7TheMasterTurtlePosted 4/10/2013 11:38:46 AM
I really am excited for this gen. Newtwo looks terrible for me though, the fingers and toes look terrible and I HATE the way the thighs connect with the body. It's body is also kind of pear liked and makes it look childlike.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
#8FrauMann1Posted 4/10/2013 11:44:24 AM
Been playing since the start of the franchise as well and I am getting more and more pumped about gen 6 with each passing day. I am certainly not a fan of Newtwo in any way, but one or two or even a dozen terrible Pokemon won't drive me away.
---
By reading the above post, the following side effects may occur...
Confusion, drowsiness, facepalm, increased rage, or spontaneous combustion.
#9Kovalchuk_Posted 4/10/2013 11:47:51 AM
Newtwo seems evil to me and that is GREAT!

KID BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
---
Gamefaqs:
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/too-true-g1.gif