This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the hardest/rarest of all wild pokemon to catch in any pokemon game

#11PsychoWolfXPosted 4/10/2013 12:54:07 PM
1st gen - Tauros, Chansy, Scyther, Pinsir Kingaskan
2nd gen - Legendry dogs
3rd gen- don't know
4/5th gen I don't remember
#12darkdragongirlPosted 4/10/2013 12:56:51 PM
Tyrogue.

Gen 2 is new, and the internet doesn't exist. You don't buy guides.

Good luck.
#13Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 1:00:29 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
Tyrogue.

Good luck.

even under those conditions its easy. just talk to everyone in the game and you'll eventually get it.
---
imanalt.
#14darkdragongirlPosted 4/10/2013 1:02:51 PM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Tyrogue.

Good luck.

even under those conditions its easy. just talk to everyone in the game and you'll eventually get it.

I don't remember someone telling me that at the bottom of a completely optional cave is waiting to battle me then give me a Tyrogue.

There probably is though?
#15Dark_EinherjarPosted 4/10/2013 1:08:03 PM
There is a difference between hardest to find and hardest to catch...

Still, the roaming legendaries from G/S/C and FR/LG easily take the prize of hardest to catch: not only do they change their locations randomly (as opposed to moving to adjacent locations like the others), but they have Roar to negate trap moves/abilities (IIRC, Suicune in FR/LG is an exception to that) and in FR/LG, if they use Roar to end the battle, you lose them PERMANENTLY.
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#16Gray_AreasPosted 4/10/2013 1:10:03 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Tyrogue.

Good luck.

I don't remember someone telling me that at the bottom of a completely optional cave is waiting to battle me then give me a Tyrogue.

There probably is though?

Or you could breed a Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan with a Ditto.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480
#17Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 1:11:51 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
There is a difference between hardest to find and hardest to catch...

Still, the roaming legendaries from G/S/C and FR/LG easily take the prize of hardest to catch: not only do they change their locations randomly (as opposed to moving to adjacent locations like the others), but they have Roar to negate trap moves/abilities (IIRC, Suicune in FR/LG is an exception to that) and in FR/LG, if they use Roar to end the battle, you lose them PERMANENTLY.

most people will just master ball legendaries though.
---
imanalt.
#18Archwing3441Posted 4/10/2013 1:11:55 PM
Fire red chansey in safari (I needed it in Safari so I could get a surprise Blissey with Counter) and metang in black/white (seriously, why is his catch rate so low?)
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#19Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 1:30:06 PM
Archwing3441 posted...
Fire red chansey in safari (I needed it in Safari so I could get a surprise Blissey with Counter) and metang in black/white (seriously, why is his catch rate so low?)

screw fire red. regular pokemon red chansey was harder. the pokeball can miss, you cant weaken it, and it flees OFTEN.
---
imanalt.
#20SerperiorThanUPosted 4/10/2013 1:33:14 PM
Archwing3441 posted...

screw fire red. regular pokemon red chansey was harder. the pokeball can miss, you cant weaken it, and it flees OFTEN.

But Chanseys in Red are findable in the Cerulean Cave.