This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the hardest/rarest of all wild pokemon to catch in any pokemon game

#61Gsus_94Posted 4/11/2013 5:43:01 PM
Gray_Areas posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
Tyrogue.

Gen 2 is new, and the internet doesn't exist. You don't buy guides.

Good luck.

even under those conditions its easy. just talk to everyone in the game and you'll eventually get it.

I don't remember someone telling me that at the bottom of a completely optional cave is waiting to battle me then give me a Tyrogue.

There probably is though?

Or you could breed a Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan with a Ditto.

Or have a chance getting one in the odd egg
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#62SerperiorThanUPosted 4/11/2013 7:26:19 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
Any answer other than Munchlax is incorrect. With Feebas, you can grit your teeth and spend a few hours checking all the water tiles to eventually find one. But with Munchlax, there's no such luxury. The game will give you one when it feels like it, which is basically never. Even if you know which trees have a chance of spawning it (which most people will not), it's still a 1% chance, with a six hour wait between each attempt.

Technically Mirage Island Wynaut is rarer, but since you can get it through other methods in those games, I don't really count it. With Munchlax, your only other options are to import a Snorlax from FR/LG or trade from HG/SS.

that makes muchlax just as rare as GSC heracross. EXCEPT, GSC heracross had the option of fleeing mid battle. can munchlax flee?

You don't know? You haven't played D/P/PT?
#63ArmandoXIIIlPosted 4/11/2013 7:30:49 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
1st gen - Tauros, Chansy, Scyther, Pinsir Kingaskan

YES. Especially chansey. Hard to catch and find, you can't damage it, and it will run away
---
Formerly DoctorTitor
#64Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:13:47 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...

i never tried catching a wild munchlax.
---
imanalt.
#65SerperiorThanUPosted 4/11/2013 8:21:30 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...

Wow, so it's so rare even you haven't found it ;) Anyways nothing in 4th gen escape battles but the roamers, teleporters, and great marsh Pokemon
#66Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:27:39 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...

Wow, so it's so rare even you haven't found it ;) Anyways nothing in 4th gen escape battles but the roamers, teleporters, and great marsh Pokemon

then heracross is harder. it takes forever to find one, and when you do it just flees.
---
imanalt.
#67CarbideTitanPosted 4/11/2013 8:28:42 PM
It's Porygon....
---
Is this a safe place? Because I thought this was a safe place.
#68SerperiorThanUPosted 4/11/2013 8:33:40 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...

then heracross is harder. it takes forever to find one, and when you do it just flees.

What are the mechanics for headbutting trees? Munchlax was only findable in four trees in the entire Sinnoh map that was based on your secret ID so it's almost impossible to find it legitimately and to top it off it's 1% on those trees where you had to wait a real life 8 hour delay.It could take months to find one after using all the external resources to find the trees. You might as well just use an action replay.
#69Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:53:21 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
What are the mechanics for headbutting trees? Munchlax was only findable in four trees in the entire Sinnoh map that was based on your secret ID so it's almost impossible to find it legitimately and to top it off it's 1% on those trees where you had to wait a real life 8 hour delay.It could take months to find one after using all the external resources to find the trees. You might as well just use an action replay.

heracross was "supposedly" findable on headbutt tress in routes 29 through 33, and then routes 42 through 46. however, certain headbutt tress could not give off a heracross at all, and it isnt specified anywhere which ones cant. also, some headbutt tress had a lower percent chance of dropping any pokemon, and will just say "nope, nothing came out."

if you find a tree which can give off a heracross, its still only a 1% chance of finding him. then, if you are blessed enough to find one, it flees mid battle. if you dont believe me, check the old pokemon gold and silver boards. heracross was so rare, there were fad topics about him.

unlike munchlax, who could be obtained by breeding snorlax or not even obtained at all because snorlax is better, heracross is one of the few worthwhile johto pokemon for use both competitively and in-game.
---
imanalt.
#70SerperiorThanUPosted 4/11/2013 9:01:32 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...

heracross was "supposedly" findable on headbutt tress in routes 29 through 33, and then routes 42 through 46. however, certain headbutt tress could not give off a heracross at all, and it isnt specified anywhere which ones cant. also, some headbutt tress had a lower percent chance of dropping any pokemon, and will just say "nope, nothing came out."

if you find a tree which can give off a heracross, its still only a 1% chance of finding him. then, if you are blessed enough to find one, it flees mid battle. if you dont believe me, check the old pokemon gold and silver boards. heracross was so rare, there were fad topics about him.

unlike munchlax, who could be obtained by breeding snorlax or not even obtained at all because snorlax is better, heracross is one of the few worthwhile johto pokemon for use both competitively and in-game.

This topic isn't about the ingame value though, it's just talking about how rare a wild Pokemon is... at least that's what your title and description implies. And I've seen some of the posts. There are people who catch it on their 5th tree... also 1% isn't much more than the 2% that is Chimecho