This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

the hardest/rarest of all wild pokemon to catch in any pokemon game

#71IrisVilePosted 4/11/2013 8:16:31 PM
In Blue in my childhood I never saw Tauros. Caught Pinsir, Kangaskhan, and Chansey. (IIRC you could find Dragonair in the original right?)

Gen two, I would say Tyrouge, but going on my childhood playthus I ended up getting a Hitmonchan and breeding it. <.< Also I found Heracross with ease.

Gen three takes the cake it took me years to find Feebas, but once I had I was very happy! *cuddles Milotic* Chimecho was only hard because I didn't see the grass at first haha.

I would say yes to Munchlax or Feebas for D/P/Pt
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
#72person_pitchPosted 4/11/2013 8:18:49 PM
(B/W)-any poke'mon that required evolution through a stone you didn't have. Searching those caves for stones was the worst idea ever.
#73IrisVilePosted 4/11/2013 8:24:29 PM
I forgot about Surskit and Dunsparce.
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
#74nitttPosted 4/11/2013 8:26:22 PM
I will put both literally hardest/rarest, and as well as my personal ones that are the hardest/rarest. (This does not include glitch pokemon cause I really think they should not count.....Mew probably would be my answer for hardest/rarest, depending).

Literal (Hardest) - Metagross B/W:

Can be caught in wild but only in tall grass, has a 5% chance of being found, is around Lv. 55-60 and have a catch rate of 3 (legendary pokemon catch rate)......yea not fun.

Literal (Rarest) - Feebas D/P:

If I am not mistaken they lowered the amount of squares to find this blasted pokemon in wild, increase the amount of squares to search for it, and shuffle it every day......this is why GameShark/AR was my best friend for this pokemon alone.

Personal (Hardest) - any roaming legendary:

Hate with a passion......without a strong pokemon to trap them and no false swipe to diminish their HP to 1......it is annoying, and especially when they don't want to be in your route when you travel.

Personal (Rarest) - Feebas D/P:

See above......I swear the wasted hours...... >.<!!!!!
---
Recently Finished Game: Ni No Kuni (PS3), The Last Story (Wii)
Current Game: Pandora's Tower (soon) (Wii), TBA (PS3), MH3U (WiiU)
#75FuneralCakePosted 4/11/2013 8:30:05 PM
Definitely wild Munchlax in DPPt.

Heracross isn't that rare, honestly. I don't know wtf you people are talking about.
---
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");
#76Frost_LASERPosted 4/11/2013 8:37:07 PM
Was it in platinum that beldum was in a swarm? The thing would kill itself with takedown.

I've found plenty of Feebass and chimecho but never a munchlax.