This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon move pools scaled back?

#1bailer4lifePosted 4/10/2013 4:38:06 PM
Would this be a good or bad thing? Would it add more diversity between similar pokemon by having to consider their move sets more? Or be needlessly limiting?
#2grape_purplePosted 4/10/2013 4:38:53 PM
It would be bad
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#3marvel_man615Posted 4/10/2013 4:39:07 PM
I think we need more moves tbh, so many Pokemon have terrible movepools.
---
I support: Toad, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie, Shadow, Bowser Jr, Daisy, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Pichu, Krystal and Shantae for SSB4!
#4crazy12_3Posted 4/10/2013 4:41:50 PM
Lol they already did that. Why do you think pokes like nidoking arent in ou anymore. There stats were left behind in the dust and their movepool is all they have now.
---
Black 2 FC 4857-5652-4968
#5SilverSockPosted 4/10/2013 4:42:02 PM
It might be good if it's done to everybody, but if they just start now gen 6 Pokemon will be horribly disadvantaged compared to older Pokemon that still have access to a whole ****load of moves (Especially gen 4, when you factor in some of the tutors it's like they threw balance out the window).

Some of the gen 5 guys actually seem like attempts at this. Klinklang, Leavanny, Lilligant...there's way more. Some of them probably got better with B2/W2, as well.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#6RAcastBlasterPosted 4/10/2013 4:45:26 PM
SilverSock posted...
Some of the gen 5 guys actually seem like attempts at this. Klinklang, Leavanny, Lilligant...there's way more. Some of them probably got better with B2/W2, as well.

---
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles
#7bailer4life(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 4:46:33 PM
yeah, I mean retroactively. Imagine if pokemon mostly stuck to moves of their type with extra types being an exception that gives them more distinct utility.
#8H-L-WPosted 4/10/2013 6:15:47 PM
Gen V got screwed over really bad. First time where not all the starters had access to Earthquake, a commonly widespread move. Zekrom missed out on Earthquake too. Water types like Seismitoad and Keldeo couldn't even use Ice Beam. What made it more weird was how Seismitoad couldn't use Waterfall or Dive like all the other Gen V water types. Lilligant, Serperior, Klinklang and Zebstrika have extremely barren movepools mostly filled with STAB moves limiting much needed coverage. This was Gamefreak's attempt at scaling movepools back and this didn't turn out well for a lot of the new Pokemon.
---
Pokemon Black Version FC: 1506 5124 1112
#9SP_WesPosted 4/10/2013 6:46:12 PM
I would love if they did this. They never will, but it would be great.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison