This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should stealth rock be nerfed?

#21TherianReturnsPosted 4/10/2013 6:57:29 PM
I vote no, because competitive battling is stupid.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#22The Eternal EvilPosted 4/10/2013 7:19:02 PM
Stealth Rock simply should be a move that is no longer calculating a Pokemon's weaknesses for the damage it deals.

A stealth Rocker is essentially a Pokemon who is practically dead upon entry, a strong attack followed by a priority attack and that Pokemon only served the purpose of stealth rocking. Switch in that new Uber Espion that sends those status effects right over to the enemy team and you opponent just had his whole strategy wasted.

If stealth Rocks damage no longer calculated for weakness the move would allow more Pokemon to see play, and would not be to overly powerful.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#23frozenphantomPosted 4/10/2013 7:31:25 PM
ThatKipp posted...
SteveBob posted...
Agreed. Either severely weaken/bin it or make Stealth Ice/Stealth Fighting/Stealth Electric etc to balance it properly.

God no, I don't want Gen VI metagame to become nothing but entry hazards.

If they don't stack, the metagame would be more interesting since people would have to choose which entry hazard fits their needs. Do you want pure damage (Spikes), status conditions (Toxic Spikes), or elemental damage (various elemental entry hazards)?

This I agree with. Having nonstacking entry hazards of a larger variety will actually increase the viability of those weak to rocks, since teams might switch to a different element to fit their own needs.
---
SSBB friend code: 1633 3855 4864
#24BlazingRainPosted 4/10/2013 8:12:11 PM
TherianReturns posted...

This is true, but I still think it should be nerfed.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#25LexifoxPosted 4/10/2013 8:14:10 PM
I don't think it should, but it wouldn't really kill the move.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#26RAcastBlasterPosted 4/10/2013 8:48:11 PM
Absolutely it should. There shouldn't be pokemon that are immediately made UNUSABLE just for having SR out. At the very least, SR should take 3 layers to do the damage it does now, like Spikes.
---
Currently playing: MMZCollection, Pokemon Black 2 [2538 3598 3001], FE:Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles
#27marvel_man615(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 10:00:23 PM
Bump! Shocking how the votes changed so much :0
---
I support: Toad, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie, Shadow, Bowser Jr, Daisy, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Pichu, Krystal and Shantae for SSB4!
#28Pendragon71037Posted 4/10/2013 10:46:36 PM
I agree that it needs some sort of nerf, and previously posted ideas seem good, but my idea is to simply halve the damage it does now, to all types.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#29GiftedACIIIPosted 4/11/2013 3:47:36 AM
BlazingRain posted...
TherianReturns posted...

This is true, but I still think it should be nerfed.

Competitive battling is only stupid to people who suck at the game and to people who hate actually using their brain.
#30pokemonfreak97Posted 4/11/2013 5:56:33 AM
I'd just halve damage for everyone; that way the normal hits are more sane, the NVE hits are almost unnoticeable, and it's only once you start getting SE that you notice Stealth Rock. That would probably boost Volcarona to Ubers; three switch-ins without Rapid Spin support is triple what it can manage now, and it would just make it so much better.

Charizard might make RU or UU, depending on where Moltres is. Moltres is currently RU, so if it vacates RU, then Charizard can take that jump; it's just a matter of whether Moltres is put in UU or OU.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4