This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think you will be able to transfer Pokemon from the old games into X/Y?

#1levyjl1988Posted 4/10/2013 3:57:32 PM
Use a second 3DS to transfer old Pokemon (including hacked), or will it be a fresh new start.
No Pokemon from the past will be transferable, meaning no hacked Pokemon can get in. Pokemon GTS will be a new entity for 3DS without the hacked Pokemon.

I felt that GameFreaks fist attempt at Pokemon GTS was terrible resulting in uneven trades, Hacked shiny Pokemon with insane stats and moves, etc. Trading a legit for an obvious phony felt discouraging. Hacked Pokemon devalues the efforts you put in raising your own one.

Anyway do you think GameFreak will put a new start to Pokemon transfer backwards compatibility, or will they not even bother. I understand Pokemon Black/White 2 came out a year ago and people have been eager to transfer their Pokemon as they did since Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire where the mechanics updated.

Anyway what are your thoughts.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#2gotohadesPosted 4/10/2013 4:01:35 PM(edited)
I hope so. I never like to go too far into the game without an Eevee. Espeon is my favorite pokemon, so I always like to have one around. I wouldn't mind a Snivy either. of course, thia is all assuming that they let you trade to the older gens instead of doing some stupid transfer thats only available after beating the game.
---
"To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly TWICE looks like carelessness."
3DS Friend Code: Micah 4682-8451-8168
#3ThatKippPosted 4/10/2013 4:02:59 PM
I felt that GameFreaks fist attempt at Pokemon GTS was terrible resulting in uneven trades, Hacked shiny Pokemon with insane stats and moves, etc. Trading a legit for an obvious phony felt discouraging. Hacked Pokemon devalues the efforts you put in raising your own one.

Anything illegal (i.e. Pokemon hacked with 999 in all stats, or knowing moves they can't learn) isn't allowed online. That said, I think it's highly likely that they will allow transferring (with 2 3DSes or a DS and a 3DS) since we have an event Mewtwo that ties in with the new movie, and a new form/new Pokemon relating to Mewtwo. Put two and two together and it's highly likely that the event Mewtwo will unlock Newtwo when transferred to XY.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4jayman7Posted 4/10/2013 4:25:57 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65926668
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 4/10/2013 5:00:02 PM
I hope so.

Saying that "HACKERS WON'T GET THEIR HACKED MONS!!!" is ridiculous. There will always be hackers. Removing the transfer system would just take the legit Pokemon out of the hands of legit players.

Also, because the DS can connect to the 3DS, there's no excuse for removing that.

Even if IVs are taken out, it still wouldn't be much of a problem to transfer because a Pokemon's stats could easily be recalculated (transferring to Gen II with the Special Split, for example).

That being said, there's literally no good excuse for removing it.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#6levyjl1988(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 5:26:17 PM
Transferring old DS Pokemon to Pokemon X/Y is open to Hacked Pokemon exploits, it's like bringing what was broken into another game.

According to GBAtemp.net the 3DS isn't hacked, which is good as no one can hack games yet.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#7ThatKippPosted 4/10/2013 5:29:28 PM
Transferring old DS Pokemon to Pokemon X/Y is open to Hacked Pokemon exploits, it's like bringing what was broken into another game.

According to GBAtemp.net the 3DS isn't hacked, which is good as no one can hack games yet.

Unhacked=/=unhackable
---
#8GeneralCortezPosted 4/10/2013 5:29:52 PM
Doesnt the 3DS have a DS slot, or is it the same slot?

But probably since there probably isnt any coding changes like the old to new games
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#9ThatKippPosted 4/10/2013 5:34:23 PM
Doesnt the 3DS have a DS slot, or is it the same slot?

But probably since there probably isnt any coding changes like the old to new games

One slot. 3DS games are almost the exact same physical size as DS games, it's just that 3DS games have a little notch on the edge to prevent you from putting a 3DS game into a DS, but allowing you to put a DS game into a 3DS.
---
#10GeneralCortezPosted 4/10/2013 5:46:24 PM
Ahhh, I dont have a 3DS yet

Then again, we might not see it...has there been any in game footage yet? But that might not matter since all Pokeymans are coded. Simply create a "clone" of the pokemon for the new game. Then again(I like saying then again), they might would refuse to do that because of somekinda exploit. Oh noes competive srs game
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]