This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The following ideas nearly fix all problems Pokemon has.

#1The Eternal EvilPosted 4/10/2013 6:45:54 PM
Make EV's and IV's a viewable stat, as well as give a little more control then we have currently over manipulating them (Make the chances of transferring IV's over a higher percentage) Ev's would be perfect as is if we could simply see the stat.

Leave event Pokemon in special Pokeballs, Shiny, heck even slap a permanent Pokerus on them to indicate that they are an event Pokemon, and make all Pokemon BREEDABLE!

No I'm serious, enough of this, Event and legends are too special to breed bull. You have encouraged your fanbase to hack to get their favorite Pokemon, you have coding written into your own game that has a step amount for Legendary Pokemon Eggs.

There is no reason for Dittos not to be able to breed either, or better yet, you leave a single ditto in the day care and there is a chance of another ditto flat out appearing, with IV's akin to the parent, and a random nature. Because the fact that ditto's can't breed begs to question how they even exist in the Pokemon World when their species should be straight up extinct if they can't reproduce.

Also, and this isn't a hard one to code, when a player slaps moves on a Pokemon that have attack power based off the IV's, like, oh, say hidden power. Slap the attack power of the move into the description. It isn't hard, the game knows what attack power it is, I imagine the Pokemon experiencing the attack knows how powerful it is, and I imagine the Pokemon using it would have an idea of how powerful it is, so let the player know.

And while this last one is not necessarily a problem, the added feature would be nice. Let us customize our trainers? Please? Clothing, Height, Gender, Appearance?

Heck slap the character creator from Fire Emblem in Pokemon and your Golden. The players would finally have a character they can call their trainer.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#2VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/10/2013 6:52:46 PM
There's really only a few things I thing truly NEED to be changed that would be improvements:

Wild starters (current gen prior to National Dex, all gens post-National Dex), just extremely rare encounters.

And a repost of a system I developed for move sets as a solution to make most, if not everyone, happy:

As it stands, we currently can only have four moves on a Pokemon. I think a new system wherein Pokemon retain their previously-learned moves, but only have a limited move set, say 4, just like it currently is, that can be used in battle. We’ll call this the Active Move Set (or AMS, for short). Now, you’re probably thinking “How does this differ from what we have now?” Well, here’s the answer: They also have access to all the Moves they’ve previously learned outside of battle (Cut, Flash, Sweet Scent, etc.), via their Passive Move Pool (or PMP, for short). (I was going to call it the Passive Move Set, but the acronym… Yeah… “Pool” it is…)

Further, while you are at a PokeCenter, you have the option of swapping out Moves in the AMS (say, from a PC) with any Move that Pokemon has learned. You go into the menu, select the Pokemon, and select a Move. You will then be given an option to swap out that Move for another one from the PMP.

This system would allow for the elimination of an HM/TM Slave, or, if they are still necessary as an HM/TM Slave, it would still allow that Pokemon to have a battle-viable Move Set, without an HM/TM wasting a valuable AMS slot.

Obviously, new Moves that you gain via level-up would still replace a Move in the AMS, and you couldn’t switch it back out until you reached a PokeCenter. If, however, you choose NOT to learn that Move at the time of leveling up, or if you don’t evolve your Pokemon until a certain level so they can learn a Move they don’t learn until after their usual evolution-level but sacrificing another Move they would learn had they evolved at their usual level, you would be required to visit a Move Tutor to learn that Move.

So, for example, let’s say you want to an unevolved Pokemon to learn a Move that they don’t learn until Level 30, but they evolve at 25, AND their evolved form learns a different Move at Level 26, to get that Level 26 Move, you would have to visit a Move Tutor.

(Does that all make sense? I know there are a few run-ons there, but I tried to keep it fairly clear…)

---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#3The Eternal Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:05:14 PM
Too much coding for a single Pokemon.

A passive Move pool of 2 for specifically for HM moves however with the option of making HM moves a primary move would be a nice step in the right direction, it would improve the crippling of your team during the main journey without being too much coding.

Technically all Pokemon have this move Pool, Minus TMs and HMs, and because TMs are now permanent items all Pokemon may as well have all your tms as part of their move pool as well and it allows you to change out moves via TM all the time at any moment.

This move pool of theirs however is only accessible by Heart Scale. And they seem to be making Heart scales easier and easier to obtain. They need to cut out the arbitrary item hunt and just allow someone to flat out pay 10k to relearn an old move. Bam! Requires someone to save up or be beating the elite 4 regularly already. There is your arbitrary time sink right there.

I am all for time sinks, time sinks should however should feel more like fun and less like work.

Breeding a Pokemon should not get you a perfect Pokemon every time, all the time. But the game should give you, in the very least an outstanding Pokemon within a half hour of breeding the same Pokemon over and over again, and a 31 IV should be showing up on Pokemon the longer you are breeding a certain type of Pokemon.

If you are going to make a player work, give them a reward for their work, don't just make them work for only a chance at a good Pokemon.
---
#4Great_ReapettePosted 4/10/2013 7:06:22 PM
The Eternal Evil posted...
-block of text-
...and I imagine the Pokemon using it would have an idea of how powerful it is... -more text-

Nah, they just think the enemy's a pushover.
---
-One hundred and nine characters of space for rent-
#5The Eternal Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:11:02 PM
Oh come on, that's not a wall of text, that's got paragraphs.

I've seen wall of text. That is something I do not do!

All joking aside however. Your point is far more valid then it should be.

Pikachu aim for the horn!
---
#6EnferolunosPosted 4/10/2013 7:13:06 PM
Make EV's and IV's a viewable stat, as well as give a little more control then we have currently over manipulating them (Make the chances of transferring IV's over a higher percentage) Ev's would be perfect as is if we could simply see the stat.

Leave event Pokemon in special Pokeballs, Shiny, heck even slap a permanent Pokerus on them to indicate that they are an event Pokemon, and make all Pokemon BREEDABLE!

No I'm serious, enough of this, Event and legends are too special to breed bull. You have encouraged your fanbase to hack to get their favorite Pokemon, you have coding written into your own game that has a step amount for Legendary Pokemon Eggs.

There is no reason for Dittos not to be able to breed either, or better yet, you leave a single ditto in the day care and there is a chance of another ditto flat out appearing, with IV's akin to the parent, and a random nature. Because the fact that ditto's can't breed begs to question how they even exist in the Pokemon World when their species should be straight up extinct if they can't reproduce.

Also, and this isn't a hard one to code, when a player slaps moves on a Pokemon that have attack power based off the IV's, like, oh, say hidden power. Slap the attack power of the move into the description. It isn't hard, the game knows what attack power it is, I imagine the Pokemon experiencing the attack knows how powerful it is, and I imagine the Pokemon using it would have an idea of how powerful it is, so let the player know.

And while this last one is not necessarily a problem, the added feature would be nice. Let us customize our trainers? Please? Clothing, Height, Gender, Appearance?

Heck slap the character creator from Fire Emblem in Pokemon and your Golden. The players would finally have a character they can call their trainer.

Stopped reading there
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#7The Eternal Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:20:30 PM(edited)
Why because you prefer the rampant hacking of every non breedable Pokemon instead?

Bravo to you sir.
---
#8EnferolunosPosted 4/10/2013 7:21:42 PM
Why because you prefer the rampant hacking of every non breedable Pokemon instead?

Bravo to you sir.

You're right. Make legendaries not be special just to try to counter something that would happen anyway.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9GiftedACIIIPosted 4/10/2013 7:23:44 PM

Bravo to you sir.

Why is an adult upset that someone "cheats" in a video game?
#10The Eternal Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:32:52 PM
Why are you hell bent on making things more difficult on players who prefer not to hack?

See how easy that is?
---