This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: New Weathers/effects

#1DarkDragon386Posted 4/10/2013 8:01:18 PM(edited)
Basically, since I don't see the weather wars going away in Gen VI in the OU metagame, I thought why not make the weathers more diverse.

Darkness
-Dark and Ghost moves get a X2 boost to their power
-Dark types get 1 boost in defense
-Psychic moves get a 50% reduction to their power

Other things I was thinking about, but not sure
-Non Dark, Ghost, or Bug types experience a 5% of being too afraid to attack (or some other low percentage. Let's make the metagame more favorable to Scizor)
*I feel like this could either be cool or it could be another variation on the oh so awesome 95 accuracy move miss four times in a row.

-Curse and bad dreams now saps 1/3 of the targets HP
-Ghost and Dark types can bypass shadow tag, arena trap, wrap, fire spin, mean look, etc.
-Moonlight restores 66% of HP. Morning sun restores 25% of HP.

Please throw in your new weathers, effects to said weathers, and/or effects to existing weathers.

I know, generic topic is generic
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#2SilverSockPosted 4/10/2013 8:15:53 PM
Pollution for Poison. I've posted this before, maybe I'll search for it and bring it here later...
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson
#3Art_BuddyPosted 4/10/2013 8:19:09 PM
Bug swarm?
Bug moves 2x
Sp/Attack boost to bug types (whichever works)
Grass Pokemon take damage each turn
---
There's a girl in the garden...
#4iKhanicPosted 4/10/2013 8:21:01 PM
I've said this before, but I'm going to tweak it a bit

Pollen Storm
Boosts the power of Bug and Grass type moves
Reduces the power of Flying type moves
Fire Blast, Power Whip, and Megahorn have 100% accuracy
Growth raises Atk and Sp. Atk 2 stages
Synthesis replenishes 2/3 HP
Moonlight and Morning sun stay at 1/2 HP (they need to be viable in more weathers)
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#5CrabhammarPosted 4/10/2013 9:44:17 PM
Acid Rain
Same PP as Sunny Day/Rain Dance
Makes the Weather "Acid Rain":
-Posion moves get a 1.75x boost
-Water and Ice moves take a hit
-Posion types get a 1/16th HP restore (ala Leftovers)
-All non-Posion or Steel ypes take a Sandstorm/Hail-strength hit under Acid Rain
-The catch: Acid Rain can ONLY be used under Rain conditions. It copies the Rain's length (5, 8, or Infinite)

Rain teams will be eaten alive by Acid Rain. Of course, you could just sacrifice a Politoed in exchange for infinite Acid Rain. Guys like Tentacruel and Toxicroak would also love it, since they learn Rain Dance.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
~The Artist Formerly Known As GrabSpammar~