This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or is Stealth Rock really over-hyped due to Showdown

#1gans626Posted 4/10/2013 7:38:54 PM
Ok it seems when you play on Pokemon Showdown, Stealth Rock does some pretty decent opening damage. When I started playing Diamond and tried used Stealth Rock it doesn't to jack for damage. So unless I'm using it wrong, I'm not seeing the greatness that is Stealth Rock when I play an actual game and not some battle simulation site.
---
Albert Wesker for President 2016
#2LexifoxPosted 4/10/2013 7:42:37 PM
It's really about residual damage to most types, notable damage to a few types, and ruining Focus Sash, Sturdy, and/or Multiscale Pokemon.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#3SerperiorThanUPosted 4/11/2013 3:14:40 AM
Using stealth rock for in-game? What?This is about competitive 6 on 6 singles. They were using SPIKES since Gen II.
#4pokemonfreak97Posted 4/11/2013 4:26:04 AM
gans626 posted...
Ok it seems when you play on Pokemon Showdown, Stealth Rock does some pretty decent opening damage. When I started playing Diamond and tried used Stealth Rock it doesn't to jack for damage. So unless I'm using it wrong, I'm not seeing the greatness that is Stealth Rock when I play an actual game and not some battle simulation site.

Stealth Rock's damage to Pokémon, based on the effect of a Rock-type move on them:

0.25x: 3.125% HP
0.5x: 6.25% HP
1x: 12.5% HP
2x: 25% HP
4x: 50% HP

Try taking Charizard, Volcarona, Articuno, Delibird, Yanmega, and something else 4x weak to Rock on Wi-Fi and use a strategy with a lot of switching and U-Turn use. You should get slaughtered as soon as someone puts up Stealth Rock.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#5TBVGFIZPosted 4/11/2013 4:32:43 AM
As it was stated, it does damage depending on the typing of the pokemon. The point of a simulator is to be as close as possible to the real thing.
---
Black FC: 4513 2230 3502
#6DarkDragon386Posted 4/11/2013 4:44:07 AM(edited)
Try taking Charizard, Volcarona, Articuno, Delibird, Yanmega, and something else 4x weak to Rock on Wi-Fi and use a strategy with a lot of switching and U-Turn use.

They need to make a fire/ice and an ice/bug so Volcarona won't be alone, as it and Larvesta are the only things to take a 4X stealth rock damage and spikes, cutting 75% of its HP with a full layer of spikes and stealth rock. Might as well throw in a full layer of toxic spikes and Volcarona really gets raped. And it's still a boss.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#7LexifoxPosted 4/11/2013 4:46:04 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Try taking Charizard, Volcarona, Articuno, Delibird, Yanmega, and something else 4x weak to Rock on Wi-Fi and use a strategy with a lot of switching and U-Turn use. You should get slaughtered as soon as someone puts up Stealth Rock.

...Why would you make a team with a glaring common weakness?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8Oblivion_HeroPosted 4/11/2013 6:21:21 AM
Lexifox posted...
pokemonfreak97 posted...

...Why would you make a team with a glaring common weakness?

I think he was trying to make a point to the TC about how influential stealth rock can be, since the TC wasn't seeing much use to it.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#9UmuruPosted 4/11/2013 6:24:04 AM
Try incorporating moves like Roar or Whirlwind into your movelist as well. If you're doing this ingame, the NPCa generally don't switch so you'd need to those those types of moves to force switches to use moves like that to the fullest.
#10MephilasPosted 4/11/2013 6:32:58 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Try taking Charizard, Volcarona, Articuno, Delibird, Yanmega, and something else 4x weak to Rock on Wi-Fi

Delibird is not 4x weak to rock.
---
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.