This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So why the Arceus hate?

#51pokemonfreak97Posted 4/11/2013 11:58:56 AM
360pages posted...
I'm an Atheist, and I don't mind Arceus one bit, I think people just don't like an idea that there is one pokemon above all that can adapt to any situation.

Arceus isn't a pokemon that might not be the best, it is the best in both stats in movepool. There is no hard counter for it, since there is no pokemon that can counter every arceus type.

But Arceus can't be every type at once. So there is no team that can counter ALL the Arceus, but only one Arceus can be on each team.

Countering Arceus revolves around figuring out WHAT Arceus set they are most likely to be using, and finding a way to counter it; for instance, Extreme Killer Arceus (which uses ExtremeSpeed for damage + Shadow Claw for coverage) is best countered by a Steel-type, but there are some Arceus that can take those out.

Essentially, you can build a Pokémon set, and there's an Arceus that can beat it, but build an Arceus set, and there's a Pokémon that can beat it.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#52jamieyelloPosted 4/11/2013 12:16:14 PM
/topic

1. It's a llama stuck in a fence
2. It's the new badass charizard of 8 year olds.
3. It's overdone as hell, no specific design
4. Did we really need a god pokemon
5. Just because it's the god pokemon everyone's expected to love it, it's got 120 straight across

I'm not a genwunner, I started playing at ruby. I hate it specifically because it's the heart of gen 4, the heart of the gen that sold out with 30 legendaries and a ****ing god pokemon, most of them are forgetable and overdesigned. I feel like the whole gen was directed at kids who would be like, "omg it's a god pokemon that's the coolest thing ever.."
---
It's different again.
#53kungfumousePosted 4/11/2013 12:16:23 PM
wahaha911 posted...
Art_Buddy posted...
Because a majority of gamefaqs is teenagers and they're going through that atheist phase.

Agreed

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=4648
#54MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/11/2013 12:20:48 PM
pokemonzero posted...
Because this board is full of Genwunners who believe Mewtwo should stay as the strongest pokemon and don't like any pokemon who is stronger than Mewtwo. These are the same Genwunners who are whining and fussing about MewBuu.

*high-fives*
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#55MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/11/2013 12:21:31 PM
dwdwdw6 posted...
I think Arceus looks majestic.

This. And kickass!
---
#56MetaFalconPunchPosted 4/11/2013 12:26:40 PM
jamieyello posted...
/topic

1. It's a llama stuck in a fence (and llamas are badass)
2. It's the new badass charizard of 8 year olds. (Hah! There's far too many haters for it to have Charizard status)
3. It's overdone as hell, no specific design (Don't even know what you're trying to say here)
4. Did we really need a god pokemon (Wynaut?)
5. Just because it's the god pokemon everyone's expected to love it, it's got 120 straight across (it's a god. It's supposed to be good. Even if EVERYONE hated it, they wouldn't give a god pokemon crappy stats. IT'S A GOD)

---
#57Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:23:41 PM
I feel like a god Pokemon was just inevitable though.

Gen I gave us the "ultimate life form" Pokemon.
Gen II gave us the guardian of the skies and guardian of the seas.
Gen III gave us the Pokemon that expand the seas and continents.

And with Gen IV they wanted to have the Pokemon that control all of SPACE AND TIME. Which is a pretty big deal.

Where do you go from that? All the big domains of existence are covered now. The only thing left is the origin of existence to begin with.

After that we just have "really powerful unique Pokemon but don't do much" like Reshiram and Zekrom. They're just legendary Pokemon, not controlling or symbolizing anything.

If a creator god Pokemon wasn't introduced in IV it would have happened in V instead. It's just the natural progression of trying to one-up their previous legendaries.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#58KentousaiPosted 4/11/2013 8:31:55 PM
Faust_8 posted...

After that we just have "really powerful unique Pokemon but don't do much" like Reshiram and Zekrom. They're just legendary Pokemon, not controlling or symbolizing anything.

just the natural progression of trying to one-up their previous legendaries.

I thought Reshiram and Zekrom symbolized truth and ideals or something like that?
#59Faust_8(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 8:39:56 PM
Kentousai posted...
Faust_8 posted...

just the natural progression of trying to one-up their previous legendaries.

I thought Reshiram and Zekrom symbolized truth and ideals or something like that?

Yeah I guess I was wrong about that, I glanced at their bulbapedia entries but they mythology is explained in the Tao Trio page. They represent yin, yang, and wuji.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while