This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's clear that the most popular speculated type for Sylveon is Flying.

#31jayman7Posted 4/11/2013 11:14:21 AM
raazychx posted...
Even though it technically can use all of Eevee's pre-evolution moves, that kind of indicates that Sylveon doesn't (appear to) learn moves outside of the normal type -- he used Swift and Trump Card,

I like how you explain the exact reason behind the second half of that sentence with the first part of that sentence.

They didn't want to show Sylveon using type-specific moves because they don't want to reveal its type yet. Notice that Mewtwoceus is seen using moves Mewtwo already has.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#32Arne83Posted 4/11/2013 11:17:16 AM(edited)
raazychx posted...
A sylph doesn't always indicate a flying or a wind type, despite how often fairies are associated with wind (Tales series Sylph)...

That is so wrong, I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with it. Learn you some folklore, buddy.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#33raazychxPosted 4/11/2013 11:25:02 AM
Arne83 posted...
raazychx posted...
A sylph doesn't always indicate a flying or a wind type, despite how often fairies are associated with wind (Tales series Sylph)...

That is so wrong, I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with it. Learn you some folklore, buddy.

I'm not talking about the actual folklore. I'm saying that not all games reference sylph or fairies as a wind type; sometimes as a magical or light reference. I'm saying that just because it has the name of Sylph doesn't mean it HAS to be a flying type.

Not all game creators will reference mythologies correctly, you know.
#34Twilight_SonataPosted 4/11/2013 11:25:05 AM
It's really sad how many people are still clinging to Flying type for no other reason than that is sort of sounds like "Sylph", even though it's name is demonstrably more likely to be derived from "Sylvan" because of the spelling and because that fits better with its names in other languages, none of which have anything in particular to do with Flying.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#35Arne83Posted 4/11/2013 11:29:03 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
It's really sad how many people are still clinging to Flying type for no other reason than that is sort of sounds like "Sylph", even though it's name is demonstrably more likely to be derived from "Sylvan" because of the spelling and because that fits better with its names in other languages, none of which have anything in particular to do with Flying.

We won't know for sure until it's type is actually revealed. So, would you kindly... shut your face.
---
#36BountyanPosted 4/11/2013 11:30:55 AM
Arne83 posted...
Twilight_Sonata posted...

We won't know for sure until it's type is actually revealed. So, would you kindly... shut your face.

He's right though.
---
3DS FC: -
White 2 FC: 1765 0547 5604, Name: Kojo
#37Toasty_KabalPosted 4/11/2013 11:32:41 AM
Arne83 posted...
raazychx posted...

Its name isn't based on sylph, it's based on sylvan. Sylvan means forest, but it also refers to forest folk, such as fairies, nymphs, centaur, etc.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#38Arne83Posted 4/11/2013 11:36:50 AM
Toasty_Kabal posted...
Arne83 posted...
raazychx posted...

Its name isn't based on sylph, it's based on sylvan. Sylvan means forest, but it also refers to forest folk, such as fairies, nymphs, centaur, etc.

We don't know that. We won't know that until we know it's type. Stop acting like you know what it's name is based off of!
---
#39Toasty_KabalPosted 4/11/2013 11:37:57 AM
Arne83 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Toasty_Kabal posted...
Which is sad considering nothing about it indicates it's a flying type.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/da/492Shaymin-Sky.png
Does this look like a Flying type?
Then shut up.

A bit rude. But... a valid point was made.

How is "Some flying types don't look like they're flying types. Sylveon doesn't look like a flying type. Sylveon must be a flying type" in any way valid? Fennekin has big ears like Shaymin Sky form, it must be a flying type too.
---
PSN: TheLoneCthulhu
#40Arne83Posted 4/11/2013 11:41:32 AM
Toasty_Kabal posted...
Arne83 posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Toasty_Kabal posted...
Which is sad considering nothing about it indicates it's a flying type.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/da/492Shaymin-Sky.png
Does this look like a Flying type?
Then shut up.

A bit rude. But... a valid point was made.

How is "Some flying types don't look like they're flying types. Sylveon doesn't look like a flying type. Sylveon must be a flying type" in any way valid? Fennekin has big ears like Shaymin Sky form, it must be a flying type too.

You don't even know what the argument is. Just shut up.
---