This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate how you can't use the move relearner to remember non level up moves

#1grape_purplePosted 4/11/2013 11:45:27 AM
It's really dumb how you can't remember egg moves.
---
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/d/d4/GokuBeeGif.gif
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 4/11/2013 11:46:41 AM
Only if the Pokemon knew the egg move at some point though.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#3grape_purple(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 11:56:10 AM
That's what I mean yeah
---
#4jayman7Posted 4/11/2013 12:00:30 PM(edited)
It would require each Pokémon to have extra data for every move that Pokémon has ever had, which, speaking as a programmer, would frankly be more trouble than it's worth.

We need Reserve Moves. That would solve this issue along with making people a little less whiny about HMs (at least in theory.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5grape_purple(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:05:33 PM
How would reserve moves work?
---
#6jayman7Posted 4/11/2013 12:10:21 PM
grape_purple posted...

You have some extra move slots (let's say four for sake of argument) that can't be used in battle but can be used on the field. In some circumstances (let's say in Pokémon Centers or what have you) you can switch reserve moves with active moves.

If you learn a new move, you can either have it put in your active list (which pushes the move it replaces to the reserve list or deletes it, depending on the player's preference and how many reserve moves they have), or their reserve list, or just skip learning it entirely. If the Pokémon tries to learn a reserve move via level up (we can argue TMs and other such stuff), you can switch it in without having to be at a Pokémon Center.

The daycare would push moves being learned from active into reserve, and would only delete reserve moves.

(One could theoretically keep every move learned in reserve, but that carries the exact same problems as remembering all learned moves for the Move Relearner.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7grape_purple(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 12:21:24 PM
Seems like a pretty rad idea, still I doubt gamefreak would ever do something like that.
---
#8ZabuzadonoPosted 4/11/2013 12:25:27 PM
jayman7 posted...
grape_purple posted...

You have some extra move slots (let's say four for sake of argument) that can't be used in battle but can be used on the field. In some circumstances (let's say in Pokémon Centers or what have you) you can switch reserve moves with active moves.

If you learn a new move, you can either have it put in your active list (which pushes the move it replaces to the reserve list or deletes it, depending on the player's preference and how many reserve moves they have), or their reserve list, or just skip learning it entirely. If the Pokémon tries to learn a reserve move via level up (we can argue TMs and other such stuff), you can switch it in without having to be at a Pokémon Center.

The daycare would push moves being learned from active into reserve, and would only delete reserve moves.

(One could theoretically keep every move learned in reserve, but that carries the exact same problems as remembering all learned moves for the Move Relearner.)

I think how games like Disgaea handle skills is better than this solution IMO...

every move you have learned is in a "bank" - and you can ever only have 4 moves equipped at a time. Would make switching movesets MUCH easier... Also makes HM Slaves more useful once the main story is complete... You can bank the HM moves and put the moves you WANT on the old slave...
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner