This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Z fighter is better than the best Pokemon.

#61Davidk92Posted 4/13/2013 2:54:16 PM
Zarren364 posted...
That's the point, the majority of them are only as fast as Scyther who is only 58% as fast as Speed Deoxys, and 70% as fast as Normal Deoxys. So they're slower and weaker to some of the best pokemon. So the topic is wrong.

Wha... no. Zanzoken is practically a required technique for even the weakest of Z Fighters, and most of them can move so fast you can't even see them. The ater-images are their baseline, not their mazimum.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#62VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/13/2013 2:55:04 PM
Zarren364 posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...
They're also inherently Flying Types, so Flying loses its advantage.

Psychic I'll grant you, due to Babidi...

And several of the Z Fighters are shown leaving afterimages, so speed is a non-issue.

That's the point, the majority of them are only as fast as Scyther who is only 58% as fast as Speed Deoxys, and 70% as fast as Normal Deoxys. So they're slower and weaker to some of the best pokemon. So the topic is wrong.

Afterimages are going to happen once you get past a certain speed, regardless. So that's the BASELINE speed. Goku has been seen as being able to get from one side of the planet to the other WITHOUT using Instant Transmission in a matter of minutes... With the exception of using Teleport, Pokemon can't do that, and Goku can still use IT...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#63MegaWentEvilPosted 4/13/2013 2:56:11 PM
http://tinyurl.com/8clzlw5

You support violence against women? Now I have a REAL reason to hate you.
#64Archwing3441Posted 4/13/2013 2:56:16 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
anyone is mocking naruto hasn't seen shippuden that's my take.

for me, it's the other way around, I liked Naruto until Sasuke left (filler arc begins). Then I enjoyed the saving of Gaara, then disliked Sai's arc, liked Shikamaru's arc. Once Sasuke left, the series had too many ups and downs for me.

Also, when you read the manga weekly, you realize how bad the pacing is... too little happens per chapter. This is also true for Bleach, and One Piece if anyone mentioned that.

Also, since, we're talking about Animes we like:
Steins;gate, Mirrai Nikki, Sola, To aru Majutsu no Index
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#65GoldenFantasyPosted 4/13/2013 2:58:11 PM
Bleach jumped the shark after the Aizen arc. It has too much filler.
Naruto has more filler than needed ever, but the earlier stuff as well as Shippuden are decent. I only focus on the manga though.
I liked DBZ as a kid and I still like it now, but it's pretty silly.

As for the question, it's similar to Digimon, except there's less roflstomping and some fights are more fair.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#66Noctus3Posted 4/13/2013 3:18:58 PM
Surprised no one said one piece sucked. They pull just as much out of their ass as DBZ did(coming from a fan himself.) what made DBZ great was the action, nothing more. That's why it's great and popular. For anything else, I would agree that there is plenty better. It should have ended at the Cell saga where it truly gave a fulfilli ending instead of Goku just dying off.

Bleach lost it after the Soul Society Arc, but the Hollow Ichigo mini arc was great. Aizen vs. Ichigo was waay too short for the bullcrap everyone had to sit through and wait for.

Part 1 of Naruto was good, as it actually had a story and didn't pull weird plot twists and plot no jutsu'd things to make them possible. Izanagi and Izanami ruined the manga with it being the first of "lol you lose" Justus. Itachi is a great character, though. All other characters besides like 4 were forgotten or killed off.

Haven't seen enough of Fairy Tale(or tail, idk) to give an opinion. Most anime and manga are cliche, and are just basically the author's spin on a topic. There are good ones though.

We can all agree that the Pokémon Anime sucks, though.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#67SMASHKING84Posted 4/13/2013 3:27:52 PM
not really you just have to do what i do watch it during gym battles and league challenges
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#68Noctus3Posted 4/13/2013 3:36:15 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
not really you just have to do what i do watch it during gym battles and league challenges

That's only 30 maybe 40% of the anime, though, haha!
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.