This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Majority of those who have never gotten a shiny other than Red Gyarados

#1MichaelollPosted 4/12/2013 3:57:10 PM
is due to them rushing the game.

They don't take their time and end up beating the game within a week.

I played White and spent months. My reward? A deserted forest. Really Nintendo???? You reward me for spending my time exploring the game, catching every pokemon along the way.............. with the worst status forest?

in my honest opinion, the longer you take should make it a bigger forest. not only does that make more sense, but it helps gamers enjoy the game more.

So don't complain if you are a rusher. I know some out there spend their times on the games and still don't get shinies, but the majority of those who have never had one? The answer lies here
#2jayman7Posted 4/12/2013 3:58:59 PM
Black City and White Forest were a flawed idea no matter how much you were rushing, which is probably why Black and White 2 changed them entirely.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3shagohad3Posted 4/12/2013 4:00:45 PM
I've only caught one shiny and it was a rhyhorn in firered. It has nothing to do with "rushing" the odds of getting a shiny are just really low.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#4gwithy16Posted 4/12/2013 4:00:55 PM
I had like 700 hours on my Diamond game and didn't encounter a random shiny once. -_-
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1832133/pavelski.gif
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
#5kwando1313Posted 4/12/2013 4:01:43 PM
I've played hundreds of hours of Pokemon and I haven't seen a shiny. But the weird thing is that I've gotten Pokerus sooooooooooo...
---
Mugiloko posted...
kwando is 100% right
#6Davidk92Posted 4/12/2013 4:03:22 PM
I haven't played Black or White, so I don't know what you're talking about. Is the forest filled with shinies if you speedrun the game or something?
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#7wingblade98Posted 4/12/2013 4:04:23 PM
that's not how it works.
you could spend even more time on the game and not run into a single shiny.
---
Evil never sleeps--
it only snoozes.
#8VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/12/2013 4:04:42 PM
TC's post: Extremely low probability of a shiny appearing, which is per encounter rather than cumulative, is determined by how fast you get through the game.

Flawed logic is flawed...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#9Michaeloll(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 4:06:53 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
TC's post: Extremely low probability of a shiny appearing, which is per encounter rather than cumulative, is determined by how fast you get through the game.

no it's not. let's assume the longer you play the more grass you encounter.

if you play 1 hour and go in one grass

or play 2 hours and go in two grass,

you have better odds of seeing a shiny by not rushing.

i addded in that some unlucky people who dont rush still donttget shinies. but theemajority of those whh odnes get shinies arre rushers

logic
#10VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/12/2013 4:13:21 PM
Michaeloll posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...

no it's not. let's assume the longer you play the more grass you encounter.

if you play 1 hour and go in one grass

or play 2 hours and go in two grass,

you have better odds of seeing a shiny by not rushing.

i addded in that some unlucky people who dont rush still donttget shinies. but theemajority of those whh odnes get shinies arre rushers

logic

Your flawed assumption is, in fact, flawed.

I will grant you that, the more encounters you have, the more likely you are to encounter a shiny. However, your assumption that the majority of those who have never encountered a shiny are simply rushing through the game is, in fact, flawed. It has no basis. It is purely speculation. It is equally possible that the opposite is true. It is just as possible that the majority who have never encountered a wild shiny have played without rushing, while those who rushed have also encountered shinies.

You provide no evidence to support your assumption. Therefore, your assumption is unfounded. Thereby, your logic is flawed.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!