This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Majority of those who have never gotten a shiny other than Red Gyarados

#41VampLordAdamaruPosted 4/12/2013 5:27:02 PM
Blazing and jay, you make a fair point. I'll concede that point, though it's still not an exceptionally high probability, even with thousands of encounters...

However, my point that the TC's assertion that the majority of those who have never gotten a wild shiny must have rushed is a flawed assumption still stands, nonetheless. He provides no evidence to support it, while several individuals have explicitly stated evidence to the opposite: high number of hours played, with very few or no encounters.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#42YOSHI475Posted 4/12/2013 5:30:44 PM
400 hours in sapphire 600 in diamond 550 currently in my black and i'm going through black 2 right now and I have NEVER run into a shiny. SO I don't follow your logic nope nope nope.
#43jayman7Posted 4/12/2013 5:33:49 PM(edited)
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Blazing and jay, you make a fair point. I'll concede that point, though it's still not an exceptionally high probability, even with thousands of encounters...

However, my point that the TC's assertion that the majority of those who have never gotten a wild shiny must have rushed is a flawed assumption still stands, nonetheless. He provides no evidence to support it, while several individuals have explicitly stated evidence to the opposite: high number of hours played, with very few or no encounters.

Fair, and like I said, I'm not 100% sure TC was on the level.

I mean, heck, I deliberately bred about two-thirds of the breedable Pokémon (by which I mean "underevolutions") in Black 2 with a Shiny Charm and a Japanese Ditto, and the only non-guaranteed shinies I have are a Sableye from Sapphire and a few from the fourth gen, in which I did not do anything of the sort, and all of which were found wild anyway. Encountering more Pokémon does boost the odds that one among those you encountered was shiny, but it still happens when it happens, and you'll never see it coming.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere