This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In your opinion, is it worth it to search for a shiny?

#1LightningAce11Posted 4/12/2013 4:46:55 PM
Topic.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the hearts nemesis." - Trema
#2EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 4:48:07 PM
If you have masuda method, shiny charm, and magma armor/flame body, perhaps. Trying to get a shiny solosis now.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3vchu8Posted 4/12/2013 4:49:15 PM
Sure. I like the fun of looking for a shiny Pokemon. I don't like trading for them, or things like that- gotta be all legit for me. And I don't trade them away either, they're basically mine to keep.
#4Arne83Posted 4/12/2013 4:51:09 PM
Honestly... no. Way too rare for absolutely no practical value what so ever. If you encounter one randomly, yeah... catch it. But to willingly search for one... it's not really worth it.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#5TherianReturnsPosted 4/12/2013 4:51:20 PM
Shiny hunting is just....a waste of time. Shiny Pokemon do exist within the game are meant to be that lucky break. Abusing it with RNG, SR, I don't really like it. Look at this way, which shiny is more prestigious? One you find after literally reseting your game in the thousands? Or one you find randomly without warning, either in the grass, or while hatching for a strong IV Pokemon? Think about that

Bonus - I have only one "abused" shiny from the Pokeradar, and not only that it wasn't fun chaining, but I don't consider one of my "legit" shiny Pokemon among my 34.
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#6EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 4:53:42 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Shiny hunting is just....a waste of time. Shiny Pokemon do exist within the game are meant to be that lucky break. Abusing it with RNG, SR, I don't really like it. Look at this way, which shiny is more prestigious? One you find after literally reseting your game in the thousands? Or one you find randomly without warning, either in the grass, or while hatching for a strong IV Pokemon? Think about that

Bonus - I have only one "abused" shiny from the Pokeradar, and not only that it wasn't fun chaining, but I don't consider one of my "legit" shiny Pokemon among my 34.

Neither is more precious. One is precious because it is something you really put in an effort to get. One is just lucky and a special surprise. The only shinies that aren't special are ones you hack.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#7FDSupremaPosted 4/12/2013 4:54:18 PM
Arne83 posted...
Honestly... no. Way too rare for absolutely no practical value what so ever. If you encounter one randomly, yeah... catch it. But to willingly search for one... it's not really worth it.

I would probably agree if not for this; if it's a shiny you really like/want, then it's totally worth it. Sure, it's not practical, but if it's something you really want, then go for it.
---
As you read this, you suddenly feel inexplicable rage.
Dwayne Johnson is best pokeymanz
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 4/12/2013 4:55:53 PM
I don't hunt for shinies. I just find them.
That's the way they were intended, after all.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#9shadyelfPosted 4/12/2013 5:12:00 PM
Eh not really. If I really like the color then yeah (like for Rayquaza)
---
?
#10zurcnPosted 4/12/2013 5:33:33 PM
only if they bring back chaining
---
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou
http://youtu.be/iTJtTiQYlNU