This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon X/Y rumored to be the final Pokemon game?

#41UponADarkThornePosted 4/13/2013 12:16:53 AM
westonticklee posted...
Yveltal posted...
It will be the last game due to the looming bankruptcy that awaits them.

I'm assuming you two aren't old enough to remember the Virtual Boy.

If that didn't kill Nintendo, there's no way in Hell a bad game even to a beloved franchise will. Of course, you're trolling, so the point is moot.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#42LexifoxPosted 4/13/2013 12:17:44 AM
Konyuna posted...
Lexifox posted...
Konyuna posted...
Does it REALLY matter if the official series stop?

I mean, we all know how the internet is. A group of people will make a free internet fan-game if such a event occurs.

Nintendo would C&D it, I'm sure.

This is the internet, do you really think we're gonna listen?

No, but the people facing the lawyers might.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#43RuwalkPosted 4/13/2013 12:21:43 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Pokémon is almost back to the popularity it had during fad times, without it being a massive fad anymore.

No, it's not the end.

I've been hearing "these are the final games" "this is the final movie" etc. since 2000 and it's getting a bit tiring

^This

Besides, why on earth would they end the games with their first main game premiere on the next gen portables?
#44VirtualAnomolyPosted 4/13/2013 12:22:55 AM
Every pokemon game is rumored to be the last, because eventually, they have to be right.

They are making so much money off of Pokemon, and unless some world changing events happen soon, it will go on for a while.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
Black FC---0304 1624 6630 (cole)
#45MerenwenragoPosted 4/13/2013 4:09:44 AM
VirtualAnomoly posted...
Every pokemon game is rumored to be the last, because eventually, they have to be right.

They are making so much money off of Pokemon, and unless some world changing events happen soon, it will go on for a while.

When pokemon stops is when they become real
---
Diamond: 0001 1116 6407 (Current) PBR: 3780 6842 7165 Pokemon Black 2: 0433 6174 3193
http://merenwenrago.webs.com/events-legit-checked
#46Arne83Posted 4/13/2013 4:15:54 AM(edited)
Yveltal posted...
MagikarpRules posted...
Yveltal posted...
Lexifox posted...
They are rumored to be the final games because people are saying they might be the final games. There's no evidence to support this.

There is plenty of evidence. Take the lack of creativity in Newtwo.

And that's literally all you've got. Like I said in other topic, I can't say if you try too hard or too little.

There's plenty more. Xerneas, Fennekin, Froakie, Chespin.

And yet you never complained once about them until after the new mewtwo form was confirmed...
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#47shrooboid313Posted 4/13/2013 4:57:07 AM
My dad's cousin's doctor's wife's friend's son's enemy's goldfish works for Nintendo and he says this is true.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Shrooboid313?feature=mhee
Please check out my YouTube channel. I do game walkthroughs.
#48pikachupwnagePosted 4/13/2013 5:20:25 AM
I heard that TC is a gullible moron.

Is this true?
---
Walharts. Low prices. Everyday. On Everything.
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#49Arne83Posted 4/13/2013 5:46:12 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
I heard that TC is a gullible moron.

Is this true?

Well, he does seem to think X and Y might be the end of Pokemon... so it does seem at least plausible.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#50CakeOfLiesPosted 4/13/2013 5:56:03 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
westonticklee posted...
Yveltal posted...
It will be the last game due to the looming bankruptcy that awaits them.

I'm assuming you two aren't old enough to remember the Virtual Boy.

If that didn't kill Nintendo, there's no way in Hell a bad game even to a beloved franchise will. Of course, you're trolling, so the point is moot.

This.
Seriously, one bad design in a very successful game series won't even kill one game, let alone the entire series.
Heck, even Mario has had a few bad games (especially most recently with all the NSMB rehashes their making) and that's still the most popular series in the world. Pokemon is in second. I highly doubt one game will destroy Pokemon.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.