This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My greatest hope for Mewtwo's new form is

#1TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/12/2013 10:12:15 PM
That it will have a base stat total of 720. Then they could have a side bit where in the game you get Mewtwo and in order to change his form you have to fight Arceus. So then you have the ability to capture Arceus and have Mewtwo change form all in one after story side bit.

I also say this because I kind of want Mewtwo's new form to be op.

They could also have a dichotomy between nature and science that I think this game is going for with the whole genetic aspect of the naming.

With Arceus being a god which created the natural world and Mewtwo being something made through science and reaching a new level of power in a new form that might be able to match a god.

Either that or Mewtwo could just be part of the story and have been captured by whoever is the evil group in this game and they perform experiments on him and something with Yveltal and Xerneas causing his DNA to mutate into a new more powerful form.

No matter what it is I hope the new form gets him on Kyurem or Arceus level.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#2Jrx1Posted 4/12/2013 10:13:39 PM
Arceus will remain the God until forever.
---
Official Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#3person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 10:15:45 PM
But there is no dichotomy between nature and science. The scientific method only observes reality (nature) and discards what does not exist (supernatural, paranormal, etc.).
#4TherianReturnsPosted 4/12/2013 10:16:44 PM
person_pitch posted...
But there is no dichotomy between nature and science. The scientific method only observes reality (nature) and discards what does not exist (supernatural, paranormal, etc.).

WOW. You might be as smart as me! And coming from this board, that's saying something :)
---
I shook hands with Pope Francis. I am enlightenment. I am also the only true Pokemon fan.
#5EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 10:16:56 PM
person_pitch posted...

He obviously means technology/genetic engineering
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#6TenzhiPosted 4/12/2013 10:19:16 PM
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...

Or to put it another, possibly simpler way: The dichotomy between natural and artificial.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#7person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 10:21:26 PM
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...

Right, which is still natural. I would say that it's a battle between Sanity and Insanity, Existence and Non-Existence, or the Natural and Supernatural. (I know ghosts exist in the poke'mon world. It is, after all, a fantasy game.) That's why I think it would be hard to make sense of the rational foundation of science and nature or reality with the inherently illogical baselessness of superstition. See- Neon Genesis Evangelion for further study into the completely insane, or go to church or public school.
#8EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 10:23:00 PM
person_pitch posted...
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...

Right, which is still natural. I would say that it's a battle between Sanity and Insanity, Existence and Non-Existence, or the Natural and Supernatural. (I know ghosts exist in the poke'mon world. It is, after all, a fantasy game.) That's why I think it would be hard to make sense of the rational foundation of science and nature or reality with the inherently illogical baselessness of superstition. See- Neon Genesis Evangelion for further study into the completely insane, or go to church or public school.

Technology and Genetic Engineering aren't natural
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#9TruePowerSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 10:25:24 PM
person_pitch posted...

I mean the difference between Darwinian evolution and the creation of chimera through tampering with DNA.

One is a natural process that takes time while the other is an approach of the ends justify and cruelty needed to bring the results.

In pokemon we know Arceus made the world and then ancient pokemon formed and changed over time to make the current pokemon. However Mewtwo is made from taking a legendary never changing creature Mew and corrupting its structure to make the ultimate weapon.

Leaving this gap between the natural born pokemon and the monstrously powerful genetically engineered Mewtwo. Remember Mewtwo was for a while one of the 4 strongest pokemon till gen 4 with the addition of Arceus which had the highest base stat total.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#10person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 10:28:23 PM
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...

Technology and Genetic Engineering aren't natural

We're probably using two different definitions for natural :D
Physical laws do not allow for anything "unnatural." Or, that which is unnatural does not exist. Since technology and genetic engineering depend on physical laws staying constant (not that physical laws make them so- the definitions of physical laws just accurately describe what is, not the other way around.) So, it's something that still occurs in nature, since if it can't, then it won't.