This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My greatest hope for Mewtwo's new form is

#11EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 10:32:21 PM
person_pitch posted...
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...
But there is no dichotomy between nature and science. The scientific method only observes reality (nature) and discards what does not exist (supernatural, paranormal, etc.).

He obviously means technology/genetic engineering

Right, which is still natural. I would say that it's a battle between Sanity and Insanity, Existence and Non-Existence, or the Natural and Supernatural. (I know ghosts exist in the poke'mon world. It is, after all, a fantasy game.) That's why I think it would be hard to make sense of the rational foundation of science and nature or reality with the inherently illogical baselessness of superstition. See- Neon Genesis Evangelion for further study into the completely insane, or go to church or public school.

Technology and Genetic Engineering aren't natural

We're probably using two different definitions for natural :D
Physical laws do not allow for anything "unnatural." Or, that which is unnatural does not exist. Since technology and genetic engineering depend on physical laws staying constant (not that physical laws make them so- the definitions of physical laws just accurately describe what is, not the other way around.) So, it's something that still occurs in nature, since if it can't, then it won't.

You're deliberately using a different definition than TC. Stop it. The definition of natural he was using was clear. You either knew what he meant and are just being contrary in order to try to sound smart, or you're terrible at context clues and need to go back to elementary school and relearn about them.
Which is it?
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#12TruePowerSeeker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 10:33:51 PM
Enferolunos posted...
You're deliberately using a different definition than TC. Stop it. The definition of natural he was using was clear. You either knew what he meant and are just being contrary in order to try to sound smart, or you're terrible at context clues and need to go back to elementary school and relearn about them.
Which is it?

Thank you. I hate people who just come into topic to argue semantics to make themselves feel better.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ck8fqvn
#13person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 10:57:43 PM
Which is it?

Wow, for someone arguing that one should have empathy for another's position, you sure are hostile. I might have misunderstood him, and wanted clarification, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. If I were, and did need to learn about context clues, what you've said is pretty unhelpful to me and even more hurtful. Get away from me with all that insecurity, man.
#14person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 11:01:36 PM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
Enferolunos posted...
Which is it?

Thank you. I hate people who just come into topic to argue semantics to make themselves feel better.

I wasn't my intention to provoke you or to cause you anxiety. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the interesting parts (reality, nature, etc.) and I realize that a poke'mon board is not the place for that. I have a hard time talking about something relatively unimportant to those meaningful things that promote curiosity and genuine conversation. I'm not saying that poke'mon sucks, but it only does so much for me, and I have a hard time not bringing what I care about (philosophy) to the things which I also care about (poke'mon). Again, I apologize for seeming nit-picky and rambling on, that wasn't my intention.
#15EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 11:10:27 PM
person_pitch posted...
Which is it?

Wow, for someone arguing that one should have empathy for another's position, you sure are hostile. I might have misunderstood him, and wanted clarification, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. If I were, and did need to learn about context clues, what you've said is pretty unhelpful to me and even more hurtful. Get away from me with all that insecurity, man.

Did you misunderstand though? You "might" have, but did you? You're not answering directly.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
#16person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 11:18:41 PM
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...
Which is it?

Did you misunderstand though? You "might" have, but did you? You're not answering directly.

Am I in need of remedial training, or was that just an attempt to make yourself feel big, as you've accused me of doing? I don't think you think I'm dumb, otherwise you wouldn't still be talking to me, so I'll go with the insecure character attack. But then again, maybe you do, and are just wanting to bully some more.
#17EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 11:21:18 PM
person_pitch posted...
Enferolunos posted...
person_pitch posted...
Which is it?

Am I in need of remedial training, or was that just an attempt to make yourself feel big, as you've accused me of doing? I don't think you think I'm dumb, otherwise you wouldn't still be talking to me, so I'll go with the insecure character attack. But then again, maybe you do, and are just wanting to bully some more.

You still haven't answered. I'm also not sure what you think I'm insecure about.
---
#18person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 11:24:15 PM
I don't know what you're insecure about. I think that would be a more important task for you to figure out, rather than to continue along on this meaningless witch hunt or moral campaign of yours against me.
#19EnferolunosPosted 4/12/2013 11:25:04 PM
person_pitch posted...
I don't know what you're insecure about. I think that would be a more important task for you to figure out, rather than to continue along on this meaningless witch hunt or moral campaign of yours against me.

Then why do you think I'm insecure?
And you still haven't answered my question.
---
#20person_pitchPosted 4/12/2013 11:30:18 PM
Because you didn't try to be curious about why I said what I said, and assumed the defensive/corrective stance of name-calling and personal attacks. If you want to do something far more interesting and helpful than poke'mon, get out a notepad and take notes on conversations you have with your parents and how you felt during and afterwards, especially during any kind of conflict. Then come back to this topic and see whether or not the way your parents treated you in any way corresponds with how you react here towards others, especially during conflict-like the one we're having. I promise you, you won't regret it for long.