This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Imo...

#1ColtCababaPosted 4/13/2013 10:24:31 AM
Gen III is the most overrated on GameFAQs. When asked what their favorite Gen is, most votes go to Gen III. In recent days, people have said that Blaziken is the best starter, Fire starter, etc. Everyone says Flygon is the best Dragon-type, and everybody talks about Steven.

People even say that Gen III is the most underrated. They also say that they want Secret Bases to return as well.

Now, my first Gen was Gen III and I really liked it, I'll admit. But the fact that everyone only compliments Gen III is just utterly annoying.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"It's Faaan-daaan-gooo! Breathe the A's in." -Fandango
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/13/2013 10:25:27 AM
Agreed. And I'm a "Hoenn baby".
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#3SlimeStackPosted 4/13/2013 10:26:45 AM
Gen III is the worst gen in terms of region/characters/music/new Pokémon. HGSS is a much better remake than FRLG was too.

Having said that, secret bases should return. We're now able to connect to other players much more easily than we could in the first 3 gens, so we should be able to visit each other's bases.
---
Moo
#4ColtCababa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 10:28:59 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Gen III is the worst gen in terms of region/characters/music/new Pokémon. HGSS is a much better remake than FRLG was too.

Having said that, secret bases should return. We're now able to connect to other players much more easily than we could in the first 3 gens, so we should be able to visit each other's bases.

Yeah, Secret Bases would have a much larger improvement if remakes were made.

And as for new Pokemon, Salamence was introduced and even became Uber in DPP.
---
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/13/2013 10:30:13 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Gen III is the worst gen in terms of region/characters/music/new Pokémon.

This I'm going to absolutely disagree with, but I understand if that's your opinion.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#6nro87Posted 4/13/2013 10:30:20 AM
ColtCababa posted...
Gen III is the most overrated on GameFAQs. When asked what their favorite Gen is, most votes go to Gen III. In recent days, people have said that Blaziken is the best starter, Fire starter, etc. Everyone says Flygon is the best Dragon-type, and everybody talks about Steven.

People even say that Gen III is the most underrated. They also say that they want Secret Bases to return as well.

Now, my first Gen was Gen III and I really liked it, I'll admit. But the fact that everyone only compliments Gen III is just utterly annoying.

Blaziken is the only Uber starter.
Nobody claims Flygon is the best Dragon. Many people say Flygon is their favorite Dragon, but that doesn't mean best.
Steven was a fantastic champion. Only Cynthia was a better champion than Steven.
Nobody only compliments Gen 3. Many, many people hate it.

I don't think you know what overrated means, since Gen 3 is far from overrated.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#7King-gamerPosted 4/13/2013 10:32:41 AM
Gen 3 was awesome. But gen 2 was my favorite. Still gen 3 had a lot of awesome things. I love the open sea. It had a lot of exploration, diving, abandoned ship, underground ruins, finding the entrance to the final city was pretty epic the first time. I think too many people hated it for the oceans.

I dislike gen 4 mostly because there's practically nothing to discover. boring.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#8ColtCababa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 10:32:49 AM
nro87 posted...
ColtCababa posted...

Blaziken is the only Uber starter.
Nobody claims Flygon is the best Dragon. Many people say Flygon is their favorite Dragon, but that doesn't mean best.
Steven was a fantastic champion. Only Cynthia was a better champion than Steven.
Nobody only compliments Gen 3. Many, many people hate it.

I don't think you know what overrated means, since Gen 3 is far from overrated.

It's overrated in terms of fanbase, or on GameFAQs. And if many people hate it, where do you see the Gen III hate topics?
---
#9SlimeStackPosted 4/13/2013 10:34:29 AM
ColtCababa posted...
Salamence was introduced and even became Uber in DPP.

I'm just talking about designs here.

P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
SlimeStack posted...
Gen III is the worst gen in terms of region/characters/music/new Pokémon.

This I'm going to absolutely disagree with, but I understand if that's your opinion.

Of course it's my opinion. O.o
---
Moo
#10ODommPosted 4/13/2013 10:37:05 AM
A lot of people who still play Pokemon now are in my boat... And that boat is; We were born in the early 90s and our first game was Pokemon RBY, naturally. It was brand new and exciting and EVERYONE was playing it. It was a disease really. Then Gen II rolled around and it was the same thing. Everyone was excited to see new Pokemon that they could add to their teams from RBY. Then Gen III came out along with the brand new, Gameboy Advance. As kids this was the greatest thing in the world to us. It took the old, basic Pokemon game that we all loved and added so much more to it; updating graphics, adding the battle frontier, and some kickass new legendaries. This was the pinnacle of the series for us, because connecting and battling was so easy now and much more enjoyable with the updated graphics, etc.

By the time Diamond came out, a lot of people were outgrowing Pokemon, so the people who still played it didn't have many irl friends who still did as well. This watered down the entire experience of it for us, I believe. I recall only having.... maybe 1 or 2 friends who actually still played the game.

A lot of Pokemon's power came from your interaction with friends while playing. Everyday you'd go to school and talk about what you caught or battled the other day, as kids, it was the ****.

Call it nostalgia goggles if you want, but Gen III was the best simply because it was the most enjoyable game to play. Obviously, Gens IV & V had more stuff, and yes, had they been released in 2003 instead of RSE, they would have had the same effect.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~No, he doesn't row.~~