This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

?Think we will be able to transfer from gen 4/5 to 6?

#1Michael_FF5Posted 4/13/2013 10:36:47 AM
I'm really hoping we will be able to. Do you think there's a possibility they may pull another R/S/E and just cut the previous gens off?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1979 9600 6170
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3955 6696 2457
#2ThatKippPosted 4/13/2013 10:43:09 AM
Yes, but not 4 since Gen 3 was incompatible with 5.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#3Stormvale12Posted 4/13/2013 10:43:09 AM
Yes...There's no way that they are going to do that. If I remember correctly, the reason why you couldn't transfer from gen 2 to 3 was because the systems were incompatible. Since the DS and 3DS are able to communicate with each other, there is no reason not to.
---
White 2 FC: 1679 3141 2693
#4SlimeStackPosted 4/13/2013 10:44:48 AM
They need to pull another Gen IV and make transferring redundant regardless of whether or not there's an option.

Gen III was bad for putting some of the missing Pokémon in spin-offs, and Gen V was bad for simply not including certain Pokémon outside of events like the weather trio and Pikachu.
---
Moo
#5P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 4/13/2013 10:45:37 AM
Unless we're getting a major mechanics overhaul, there should be a transfer between 5 and 6
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#6jayman7Posted 4/13/2013 10:50:27 AM
ThatKipp posted...

Gen 5 was made for the DSi, which wasn't compatible with GBA games (it was playable on regular DSes, sure, but it specifically took advantage of DSi features.)

Gen 6 is being made for the 3DS, which is completely compatible with DS games. Thus, I'm not writing off direct fourth-gen compatibility and, in fact, think it would be a good move on GameFreak's part. But at the same time, I'm not claiming it's definitely going to happen.

The way I see DS-to-sixth-gen compatibility working is a go-between app; perhaps one that doubles as a Box app. No reason this couldn't work with the fourth gen that I see.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7Thepenguinking2Posted 4/13/2013 11:30:07 AM
If you need a second 3DS, then pokecheck time.
---
WHY CAN'T SHEDINJA LEARN ENTRAINMENTMe in the X board
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
#8FryDays5000Posted 4/13/2013 12:53:10 PM
jayman7 posted...
ThatKipp posted...

Gen 5 was made for the DSi, which wasn't compatible with GBA games (it was playable on regular DSes, sure, but it specifically took advantage of DSi features.)

Gen 6 is being made for the 3DS, which is completely compatible with DS games. Thus, I'm not writing off direct fourth-gen compatibility and, in fact, think it would be a good move on GameFreak's part. But at the same time, I'm not claiming it's definitely going to happen.

The way I see DS-to-sixth-gen compatibility working is a go-between app; perhaps one that doubles as a Box app. No reason this couldn't work with the fourth gen that I see.

No it won't at all. People who didn't play or skipped Gen 5 will have an easy way out of transferring their Gen 4 pokemon without buying the Gen's successor. So what that both gens are for the DS? It doesn't mean they will make ALL the main series DS games compatible with X/Y. Dream Radar had features for all the DS games except B/W1 since they had no features planned from these games. They could easily exclude Gen 4 games from X/Y's transfer app and only ask for 5, because GameFreak wants their players to understand that B/W/B2/W2 are the successors of the D/P/Pt/HG/SS games and shouldn't be missed or skipped.
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076