This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Nintendo support dlc? it would make things a hell of a lot better.

#1TheNargacugaPosted 4/13/2013 11:35:42 AM(edited)
We all know pokemon games get pretty boring once you beat the Elite Four and catch all the legendaries. You can catch 'em all for sure, but to a lot of people that is just boring as all get out. (Well at least it is to me)

Don't you think it would be a lot better if every event pokemon had a story to it? Maybe they should put out different story arcs other than sending a crimminal organization crashing down. Hell I'd be fine if they had an arc involving mewtwo and team rocket. Some form of Neo Aqua and Magma teams led by Tabitha, Shelley you know trying to fulfill old plans with Groudon or Kyogre.

Nintendo needs dlc, that would increase the longevity of these games especially since they go for 3 or 4 years at a time before they release a new generation.
---
"Posts don't have to be on topic if they follow the flow of conversation." -Baseman Moderator
#2iKhanicPosted 4/13/2013 11:35:31 AM
Pokemon already has DLC and people hate it. Its called event pokemon and items.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#3SlimeStackPosted 4/13/2013 11:36:24 AM
iKhanic posted...

People hate events for their limited availability. DLC is typically available permanently.
---
Moo
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 4/13/2013 11:36:39 AM
Because some people don't want to have to pay five bucks for a costume that loses its appeal after ten minutes.
I bought the game. I don't want to have to pay more for the contents.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#5TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 11:37:01 AM
iKhanic posted...

No they don't that's already locked in the game from the start. They just unlock it...
---
"Posts don't have to be on topic if they follow the flow of conversation." -Baseman Moderator
#6Nanis23Posted 4/13/2013 11:37:40 AM
The last (and only) time Nintendo did a DLC with Pokemon it was for the IOS app Pokedex
4$ per region or something like that
#7SlimeStackPosted 4/13/2013 11:38:08 AM
Nanis23 posted...
The last (and only) time Nintendo did a DLC with Pokemon it was for the IOS app Pokedex
4$ per region or something like that

Mystery Dungeon 3DS also has DLC.
---
Moo
#8TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 11:38:24 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Because some people don't want to have to pay five bucks for a costume that loses its appeal after ten minutes.
I bought the game. I don't want to have to pay more for the contents.

Plenty of people buy dlc. They don't put up much of a fuss. Fire Emblem Awakening is making a killing.
---
#9NoName999Posted 4/13/2013 11:39:13 AM
Why doesn't Nintendo support dlc?

Fire Emblem: Awakening
---
"This grass feels funny," Kirby thought. It feels like.... pants
#10bararad13Posted 4/13/2013 11:39:18 AM
you don't seem to be up-to date.. nintendo does employ dlc (mario broes fe awakning pmd gates to infinity) they just want it to be justified and not cheap (like locked in-game content) it is certainly possible that xand y will have that (either free or paid) of course the former will be better..
besides there is much to do in bw2 after the e4.. there are the tree hollow/black city legendaries pwt pokestar subway extra battles like N and of course the pokedex(and maybe some things I forgot)