This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you play a Pokemon MMO?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Would you play a Pokemon MMO?
3 years ago#1
I'm divided. I try to abstain from playing MMOs in fear of getting in addicted, but its a pokemon MMO, so... I don't know.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
3 years ago#2
I'd rather they let us enter each other's games over Wi-Fi. They could easily adapt the games such that we're all generic trainers aiming to be the best (as opposed to everyone being from that one house in the first town).
Moo
3 years ago#3
Most probably, no. Why would I want to play at anyone else's pace?
3 years ago#4
If I can play as Crawdaunt then hell yes.
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"It's Faaan-daaan-gooo! Breathe the A's in." -Fandango
3 years ago#5
No. No, no, no, no, no. Hell no. No. No. I refuse. No.

a) I don't even see how an MMIO would "work." Pokemon doesn't really lend itself to doing any of the main-game activities with others. Maybe it might be nice to explore an area with a friend, but that's just one other person. Then there are stupid minigame things, but those would require only a few other people. There's nothing about it that would warrant playing with a ton of other people.

2) This fanbase is terrible and I don't want to be stuck playing a game with these people.
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");
3 years ago#6
FuneralCake posted...

a) I don't even see how an MMIO would "work." Pokemon doesn't really lend itself to doing any of the main-game activities with others. Maybe it might be nice to explore an area with a friend, but that's just one other person. Then there are stupid minigame things, but those would require only a few other people. There's nothing about it that would warrant playing with a ton of other people.

2) This fanbase is terrible and I don't want to be stuck playing a game with these people.

I think part of the idea is that not everyone is a trainer in it. Since pokemon creates an expansive world of its own, a lot of people think that lends itself well to an MMO.
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
3 years ago#7
I tried. I got bored. Never again.
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
3 years ago#8
ColtCababa posted...
If I can play as Primeape then hell yes.

Read my mind
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
Happyface On!!! :) and then the world stops.
3 years ago#9
iKhanic posted...
FuneralCake posted...

I think part of the idea is that not everyone is a trainer in it. Since pokemon creates an expansive world of its own, a lot of people think that lends itself well to an MMO.

If you don't play Pokemon to be a trainer, why on Earth would you play it then?
3 years ago#10
Then what the hell do other people do in this MMO game? Go around being a "ranger" and climbing up trees? Breeding Pokemon?

If anything, this sounds like something that would be a spinoff game, and f*** that noise. I don't play Pokemon spinoff games.
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Would you play a Pokemon MMO?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived