This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you play a Pokemon MMO?

#1iKhanicPosted 4/13/2013 1:20:33 PM
I'm divided. I try to abstain from playing MMOs in fear of getting in addicted, but its a pokemon MMO, so... I don't know.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2SlimeStackPosted 4/13/2013 1:23:05 PM
I'd rather they let us enter each other's games over Wi-Fi. They could easily adapt the games such that we're all generic trainers aiming to be the best (as opposed to everyone being from that one house in the first town).
---
Moo
#3MagikarpRulesPosted 4/13/2013 1:23:13 PM
Most probably, no. Why would I want to play at anyone else's pace?
#4ColtCababaPosted 4/13/2013 1:23:32 PM
If I can play as Crawdaunt then hell yes.
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"It's Faaan-daaan-gooo! Breathe the A's in." -Fandango
#5FuneralCakePosted 4/13/2013 1:24:54 PM
No. No, no, no, no, no. Hell no. No. No. I refuse. No.

a) I don't even see how an MMIO would "work." Pokemon doesn't really lend itself to doing any of the main-game activities with others. Maybe it might be nice to explore an area with a friend, but that's just one other person. Then there are stupid minigame things, but those would require only a few other people. There's nothing about it that would warrant playing with a ton of other people.

2) This fanbase is terrible and I don't want to be stuck playing a game with these people.
---
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 1:27:20 PM
FuneralCake posted...

a) I don't even see how an MMIO would "work." Pokemon doesn't really lend itself to doing any of the main-game activities with others. Maybe it might be nice to explore an area with a friend, but that's just one other person. Then there are stupid minigame things, but those would require only a few other people. There's nothing about it that would warrant playing with a ton of other people.

2) This fanbase is terrible and I don't want to be stuck playing a game with these people.

I think part of the idea is that not everyone is a trainer in it. Since pokemon creates an expansive world of its own, a lot of people think that lends itself well to an MMO.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7KeeperOfShadowsPosted 4/13/2013 1:28:23 PM
I tried. I got bored. Never again.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#8wahaha911Posted 4/13/2013 1:29:09 PM
ColtCababa posted...
If I can play as Primeape then hell yes.

Read my mind
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
Happyface On!!! :) and then the world stops.
#9MagikarpRulesPosted 4/13/2013 1:29:14 PM
iKhanic posted...
FuneralCake posted...

I think part of the idea is that not everyone is a trainer in it. Since pokemon creates an expansive world of its own, a lot of people think that lends itself well to an MMO.

If you don't play Pokemon to be a trainer, why on Earth would you play it then?
#10FuneralCakePosted 4/13/2013 1:29:15 PM
Then what the hell do other people do in this MMO game? Go around being a "ranger" and climbing up trees? Breeding Pokemon?

If anything, this sounds like something that would be a spinoff game, and f*** that noise. I don't play Pokemon spinoff games.
---
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");