This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most useless/worst ability?

#81slothicaPosted 4/15/2013 1:09:20 PM
Slow Start.

Because this, defeatist, and klutz are all god aweful, but at least there's no immediate effect with defeatist, and not holding an item isn't as bad as your two most important stats being halved at the start of battle.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
I died and went to heaven. Apparently I'm on the ban list.
#82LenneValkiryePosted 4/15/2013 2:35:42 PM
MidniteZorua posted...
Truant is just a minor nuisance compared to what Slow Start does. Regigigas can't even learn Protect thanks to that ability. =_=

Slow Start has nothing to do with Regigigas not learning Protect.

Truant, by itself, is much worse.
You could give Slow Start to something like Blissey and it would have virtually no effect.

Truant, on the other hand, is essentially a full paralysis that triggers every other turn.
Every single pokemon would be crippled by that.
#83DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/15/2013 2:50:51 PM
Slow Start has nothing to do with Regigigas not learning Protect.

From Bulbapedia:

All Pokémon that can learn TMs can learn Protect except Regigigas.

Regigigas is also the only Pokémon with Slow Start. It's there to add balance that is not needed.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#84pokemonfreak97Posted 4/15/2013 3:19:13 PM
Dreamsaber posted...
Illuminate raises wild encounter rate.
Klutz prevents items from affecting the user.
Runaway allows switch out on everything.
Honey Gather is the poor man's Pickup.
Pickup is- no, I probably don't have to explain this one.

Fauway (post #24) wins with his vote.

Is Pickup the rich man's Honey Gather?
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#85jeffdogworthyPosted 4/15/2013 3:36:11 PM
I hate hustle

Losing accuracy = T_T
#86CakeOfLiesPosted 4/15/2013 3:38:34 PM
faruway posted...
No Anticipation?

*shudders*
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#87CharizardFirePosted 4/15/2013 6:06:39 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
iKhanic posted...
Maetch posted...
Wonder Guard. The only Pokémon that uses it has so many common weaknesses that any Pokémon facing it is almost guaranteed to have something that hits through it.

Now I'm embarassed. My original eeveelution team had no way of hitting through a Wonder Guard Shedinja, so I had to forfeit.

You can't pick 6 Eeveelutions without having either Flareon or Umbreon. Are you saying that your Umbreon (because Flareon sucks) had NO STAB moves? Must have been built like a wall.

Did you not have Toxic on anyone or Hail on your Glaceon?

Nope. Umbreon had Baton Pass, Wish, Protect, and Taunt. Everything else was dedicated to stat boosting and baton passing, except for Vaporeon, who was my second healer. I've since changed the team around to have a Flareon (was getting completely walled by steel types), and I played around with Umbreon's movepool a bit until I just ditched it for a Gorebyss.

Why didn't you just teach your Umbreon Foul Play?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#88Thepenguinking2Posted 4/15/2013 8:25:27 PM
Noble-Heart posted...
You forgot to add Normalize?

Normalize: All attacks used by the wielder act as if they are Normal-type

I HATE THAT ABILITY!
only good thing is for STAB. the user is f***ed against ghost types.
---
WHY CAN'T SHEDINJA LEARN ENTRAINMENTMe in the X board
The Shiny zangoose of the X/y Board! (what? everyone's doing this!)
#89JDM_JevPosted 4/16/2013 12:40:39 AM
Zabuzadono posted...
JDM_Jev posted...
Bountyan posted...
JDM_Jev posted...
I don't know how any answer other than 'truant' is valid.

Slow Start is crippling yes but it does wear off and Regigas is monstrous when it does. The only problem with it is that he can't use protect/rest and is easily phased out as you get closer to turn 5. The competitive meta is too fast-paced for him to come in, bop around for 5 turns and sweep.

Truant basically guarantees that you'll have to waste 2 turns getting Slaking in to attack and to switch out after hitting, as he'll sit idle and cost you a turn if you don't. Unless he comes in after a KO'd poke he will cost you a lot more momentum then he'll provide even if you're great at predicting.

Truant -> hit and run strategy with Slaking's monstrous attack stat and easy PWT/Subway wins
Slow Start -> sit there for five turns being a sitting duck while your opponent starts setting up

Truant is better.

You missed the whole 'throwing away 2 turns' part didn't you. Its hard to work around wasting so much time to do something a setup sweeper could stay in and accomplish easier by attacking every turn.

Throw away 2 turns, or throw away 5 turns...

Slow Start

Well if you're using Slaking with the switch in/attack/switch out strategy after doing this twice you would have wasted 6 turns for 2 attacks. And most likely have taken a lot of spikes damage in the process.

I'm thinking about 'what is absolutely god-awful in a P2P environment' as basing the quality of abilities on what's great in game is just lol. The easily exploitable AI makes a lot of otherwise useless abilities, items and moves viable if you know how to take advantage of their shortcomings.

In a P2P environment Truant will always cost you more in the long run then Slaking's massive attack could ever give back. And as if that wasn't bad enough he can be made entirely useless by Protect which is by and large a very common move in gen 5.
---
DIY
drill dat oil up in yo oatmeal