This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skill trees

#1torentdragonPosted 4/14/2013 12:41:22 PM
Abilities were awesome addition to the series, so I was wondering how something like skill trees would work.

My idea was to give skill trees to Pokemon dependent on their type. something like abilities for types. For example, poison types could have a skill that make poison type attacks super effective against water types or poison types could have a skill that allows them to hit steel types, but instead of doing damage it would lower defenses (not these skills exactly, but I hope you get the idea).

The idea is not fully fleshed out yet, but does it sound good?
---
:/
#2ColtCababaPosted 4/14/2013 12:42:25 PM
Got bored around the second paragraph... :3
---
Official Crawdaunt of the Pokemon XY Boards and Team Miror Infinity
"It's Faaan-daaan-gooo! Breathe the A's in." -Fandango
#3wahaha911Posted 4/14/2013 12:43:18 PM
ColtCababa posted...

---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
Happyface On!!! :) and then the world stops.
#4RoleOfGSHCPosted 4/14/2013 12:43:40 PM
I like the concept, but more for moves rather than for passives. But at the same time, it's such a drastically different mechanic that I worry that it would feel too different, you know?

I mean, evolving the mechanics is good and all, but go too far too fast and you hit the brick wall of backlash.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#5torentdragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 12:53:42 PM
RoleOfGSHC posted...
I like the concept, but more for moves rather than for passives. But at the same time, it's such a drastically different mechanic that I worry that it would feel too different, you know?

I mean, evolving the mechanics is good and all, but go too far too fast and you hit the brick wall of backlash.

I get it, just wanted to think of something innovative and this sounded good in my head. Thanks for being honest.

wahaha911 posted...
ColtCababa posted...

Sorry about that, I'm a bad story teller.
---
:/