This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate cheaters who EV train.

#31War_Flame28Posted 4/14/2013 3:51:46 PM
/sarcastictopicissarcastic
#32GiftedACIIIPosted 4/14/2013 4:23:57 PM(edited)
War_Flame28 posted...
/sarcastictopicissarcastic

This. TC competitive battles
#33GemininoiserPosted 4/14/2013 4:33:28 PM
GalladetheGreat posted...
Seriously, abusing a mechanic that is hidden deep within the game is low. Learn how to play the game properly.

The Regis were hidden deep within R/S/E, so having them must be low as well, as well as any other secretive legendaries. If I find an hidden item, I shouldn't use it either? I should learn how to play the game properly and ignore anything that is hidden.
#34jayman7Posted 4/14/2013 5:15:18 PM
EVs were put into the game deliberately, and the designers admit to having put them in to support the metagame. You get in-game items and services entirely designed around manipulating them, and while there aren't any specifics, a few NPCs give vague hints about them.

RNG abuse was unavoidably left in the game for the sheer fact that it's a video game on a miniature computer (video game consoles are basically specialized computers), and computers can't do true randomness, so they fake it as best they can. It's certainly not what the game designers intended at all, and they went out of their way to obfuscate it, dropping not a single hint on how to manipulate the RNG at all. I get the feeling that if the game designers could easily use a truly random system, they would... but they can't.

Not exactly the same thing.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#35EstheimasterPosted 4/14/2013 5:22:57 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
From: GalladetheGreat | Posted: 4/14/2013 2:23:35 PM | #008
CM_Ponch posted...
But it's not hidden, you can literally buy EV points

Can you find the maximum amount of EV points per stat in the game normally? No.

yeah, call Bianca and she'll tell you what's maxed out.

She doesn't tell you that the cap is 255.

Honestly, if you really wanted to, you could find a Gastly, beat up 255 of them and check with Bianca every battle to see what the max is. It's impractical, but not impossible.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#36Jarred623Posted 4/14/2013 5:28:00 PM
Mugiloko posted...
I agree with Mugiloko.

---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#37FierceDeity1026Posted 4/14/2013 5:28:57 PM
No, the worst is the losers who use Synchronize to find the nature they want in the wild. Like wtf???
#38Pikablu45Posted 4/14/2013 5:39:28 PM
CM_Ponch posted...
But it's not hidden, you can literally buy EV points

Can you find the maximum amount of EV points per stat in the game normally? No.

Sorry but out all of the reasoning you could have made - this is your argument?

You can find out by phoning Bianca - she tells you everything!

And in every game, in every RPG, there's a way to determine stats! It's up to the player or not whether to find out how exactly they are implemented. We're not cheating. We do it in the confines of the game in front of us. However, hackers use an external device and are clearly not doing what the developers wanted the players to do. That's cheating. It's cheating because it's a shortcut/doing something that normally would be very unlikely/impossible.
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*