This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Create an ability and rate the above users ability

#31CrabhammarPosted 4/14/2013 6:29:09 PM
TwiceNightley posted...
PokemonXandY101 posted...
9/10 Pretty Broken if used right.

What about if hypothetically, Milotic got an ability called Conciliator, which sharply lowers every Pokemon's attack stat on the field including its own, until the pokemon is switched out. It activates on all Pokemon that switch in, unlike Intimidate. That would be great for Milotic in singles, but in doubles it kind of restricts you from using a physical partner with Mlotic.

Ouch. A special team with this ability and a Arena Trap Dugtrio with Toxic, Protect, Earth Power and Substitute would mean death for any other team without some serious Special Sweepers. Hard to call it unfair since it'd affect all Pokemon on the field. Although, since it would work on switch ins, I don't know what the point of switching out would be anyway. 8/10

Ironhide - The for is impervious from flinching, critical hits and one hit KO's if there HP is at 100% when they are attacked. Eliminates threats such as Fake Out.

So basically Sturdy+? 5/10

Slow Blows: If the wielder of this ability uses a move of the same BP or higher as the enemy, they get Priority -1. If their move is weaker, they get Priority +1.

It would make Rapid Spin god-like.
---
PSN -> Bluechacho
~The Artist Formerly Known As GrabSpammar~
#32TwiceNightleyPosted 4/14/2013 6:39:52 PM
So basically Sturdy+? 5/10

Slow Blows: If the wielder of this ability uses a move of the same BP or higher as the enemy, they get Priority -1. If their move is weaker, they get Priority +1.

It would make Rapid Spin god-like.

More like Multiscale than Sturdy, the Poke can still faint, they just won't be hit by Critical, won't flinch and no 1HKO's from 100% HP.

Slow Blows actually sounds reasonable, but it would sort of defeat the purpose of some moves like Quick Attack and Bullet Punch which have relatively low BP already and already have priority. Very interesting though, it would definitely shake things up a bit, especially for moves with low base power but are multi-hit like Beat Up, Fury Attack and Rollout.

Karma - If the user of Karma is hit with a critical hit before they act, and if they are using an applicable damage move, they will always respond with a critical hit as well.
---
Walk away from your Wifi to DC without penalty. It's fun!
#33SP_WesPosted 4/14/2013 6:49:05 PM
Karma: Hah, love it. It's the kind of ability that is more gimmicky than useful, but it adds a lot to the persona of a Pokemon. (Perfect/Perfect)

C-C-C-Combo Breaker
Prevents the enemy from using the same move twice in a row.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#34NessEggmanPosted 4/14/2013 6:59:06 PM
SP_Wes posted...
Karma: Hah, love it. It's the kind of ability that is more gimmicky than useful, but it adds a lot to the persona of a Pokemon. (Perfect/Perfect)

C-C-C-Combo Breaker

6/10 - Cliche name and it's essentially an automatic Torment... which is not bad, but I'd rather the Pokemon have to use Torment.

Frosty Coat - Defense is raised 2 stages upon being hit by an ice-type move. Once the coat is activated, the opponent has a 5% chance of becoming frozen solid upon contact.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
#35TwiceNightleyPosted 4/14/2013 7:07:10 PM
NessEggman posted...
SP_Wes posted...

C-C-C-Combo Breaker

6/10 - Cliche name and it's essentially an automatic Torment... which is not bad, but I'd rather the Pokemon have to use Torment.

Frosty Coat - Defense is raised 2 stages upon being hit by an ice-type move. Once the coat is activated, the opponent has a 5% chance of becoming frozen solid upon contact.

Seems a bit over powered. Even the standard type-drain abilities (Motordrive, Lightning Rod, etc) only raise a stat by two stages and these also grants an Ice Body effect as well. Maybe a fire type move will remove Frosty Coat? 7/10

Also, nice JoMo siggy SP_Wes. Gawd, I want him to return to WWE. Bring Shelton Benjie back with him. Anywho...

Starter Pack - Available for any starter pokemon only as a hidden ability. If the user's party consists of all starters (including Pikachu from Yellow), Torrent, Overgrow and Blaze activate at less than 1/2 HP instead of 1/3. Static has a 50% chance of causing paralysis on contact instead of 30%.
---
Walk away from your Wifi to DC without penalty. It's fun!
#36SilverSockPosted 4/14/2013 8:04:49 PM
TwiceNightley posted...
SilverSock posted...

How about an ability that summons clear weather?

EDIT: Ninja'd. I give the post actually above mine 7.5/10, it could be useful but maybe not something to count on.

Isn't there an ability that already does that? Or makes the Pokemon not phased by it at least? If not, it would make sense and I'm surprised there isn't one already. 8/10, since I don't care for weather changes much anywho xP.

Cloud Nine and Air Lock do this, but they don't clear the weather, they just make it temporarily useless. The weather is still going though, and if the Cloud Nine/Air Lock user switches out it's right back to normal. I'm talking about a permanent weather ability that simply changes the weather to clear rather than to sun, rain, ect.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson