This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are People so against the Light type?

#1Peachrules14Posted 4/14/2013 7:05:13 PM
I don't understand why of the proposed new types, that Light is getting so much hate. I'd like to hear some of the reasons, just out of curiosity's sake. Personally, I'd welcome the Light type before others (Sound, love, etc.). When I think of a light type, I don't think of brightness, or lamps or that kind of light - I think of purity. People love the Dark type, and this is essentially the polar opposite. There are some people that say "We don't need a new type". Ok, regardless of if that's how you think, there are still a ton of people out there bashing on this type idea more than the others. I just want to know why.
---
SSBB: 4940-5108-0974
#2LightningAce11Posted 4/14/2013 7:05:52 PM
Why are people for the light type.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the hearts nemesis." - Trema
#3Arne83Posted 4/14/2013 7:08:50 PM
Bland, unimaginative, generic, kinda boring...

That out of the way, I actually think would work as a type. And I'd probably be more willing to accept it than anything else.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#4SuperRup91Posted 4/14/2013 7:11:52 PM
I'm not against new types...I just think sound type is way better
#5ReachOutToTruthPosted 4/14/2013 7:13:32 PM
I'm not against it. Way back pre-Gen2, I expected Espeon to be a "light type" because she was promoted opposite of Umbreon, confirmed to be the new "dark type" and I figured if they were adding new types to the game...well...

I just don't see a need for it anymore, really. But I'm not opposed.
---
<3 and (/|\) !
http://i.imgur.com/khPxrAW.png
#6FuneralCakePosted 4/14/2013 7:13:42 PM
It's better than a sound or love type.
---
#include <home.rowed>
void signature() printf ("signature\n");
#7CypherSkillsPosted 4/14/2013 7:16:50 PM
inb4 light type is fighting type. get over it not happening
---
3DS: 4167 4495 4377
#8jayman7Posted 4/14/2013 7:20:55 PM(edited)
Reasons they are against the Light type (none of which I entirely agree with):

1. Stubborn clinging to "the old ways".

2. A false belief that the Fighting type represents something other than martial arts - its Japanese name is "Fighting", not "Hero" as some people falsely claim. I have, in fact, looked up the evidence.

3. The false belief that, because the Dark type is called "Evil" in Japan, we don't have a type representing Darkness. You know, a type with moves called Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw and so on.

4. The extremely false belief that the type chart is perfectly balanced as is.

5. Some people claim to desire a new type, but not something as "cliche" as Light. Right, because having "Fire", "Electric", and "Ice" types in an RPG is totally not cliche in the slightest.

For the record, I don't care if they add a new type, so long as it's not a ridiculous type and they're smart about it. Light is not ridiculous. ("Love" is ridiculous, sorry. "Fairy" is also IMHO a poor choice. "Sound" is fine.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9Masterbob1872Posted 4/14/2013 7:20:35 PM
Types are elements of nature (1 of man; steel). So light just doesn't fit as a TYPE. It is an attribute of a type. Fire and electric. If anything, it would be holy, not light. Even so, holy still does not fit with Pokemon at all.
#10Meta289Posted 4/14/2013 7:22:37 PM(edited)
Because a Light type just seems forced. There's no real point in adding it just because there's a Dark type.

jayman7 posted...
For the record, I don't care if they add a new type, so long as it's not a ridiculous type and they're smart about it. Light is not ridiculous. ("Love" is ridiculous, sorry. "Fairy" is also IMHO a poor choice. "Sound" is fine.)

Because Bug, Ghost, and Dragon aren't ridiculous types.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.