This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If all new Pokemon were designed by the fans

#1Meta289Posted 4/14/2013 7:44:06 PM
1. A good many of them will be anthropomorphic come their final evolution.
2. They will be based mostly on generic animals.
3. They will either be extremely simple in design, or very overdesigned. There is no in between.
4. Dragons. Generic-looking dragons, at that.
5. Anything with a x4 weakness will have an ability that will negate said weakness.
6. Dragon types for everyone.
7. Some inanimate objects.
8. Some that don't seem to be based on anything in particular.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#2King-gamerPosted 4/14/2013 7:46:18 PM
They'll all have boobs.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#3LightningAce11Posted 4/14/2013 7:48:12 PM
They will be very badly designed.
---
"Nostalgia makes the heart feeble. It is the hearts nemesis." - Trema
#4Missingno_MastrPosted 4/14/2013 7:48:40 PM
I'd like to think most of that wouldn't apply to me. I take pride in my fake Pokemon.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror Infinity. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that. I dare you.
#5Meta289(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 7:51:17 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I'd like to think most of that wouldn't apply to me. I take pride in my fake Pokemon.

Sturgeon's Law. Always remember that.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#6SilverSaint7Posted 4/14/2013 7:52:51 PM
Missingno_Mastr posted...

Well don't keep us in suspense, show us some of them.
---
... and in that moment, I swear we were phone.
http://imgur.com/RYaxC3K
#7darkdragongirlPosted 4/14/2013 7:57:40 PM(edited)
I'd quite.

edit: that is how bad that makes me react. I can't even spell.

But really too many hands in the cookie jar. We don't need a thousand people designing Pokémon. They wouldn't gel well together as a cohesive dex.
---
From when I land to when I leave there is enough time to sleep and sing.
I keep running around, when all I want is to lay motionless.
#8The Eternal EvilPosted 4/14/2013 8:31:22 PM
I want two evolution line Ghost Steel that are possessed suits of armor. They would be two types and they would be a trade evolution.

One would start off as a helmet that has red eyes or something.

The other would be a shield with a face on it.

When you trade the shield pokemon with the helmet Pokemon they evolve.

The shield become a Defensive Ghost/Steel That looks like a massive bulk that attacks using it's shield.

The helmet one becomes an offensive Ghost/Steel which carries a massive two handed sword.

Not sure what I would name them, but they would both have levitate.

Total Base stats of 600 each in evolved form, and I would potentially want to see them be legendary Pokemon, Like a Legendary Shield and a Legendary Helmet that was said to belong to a powerful warrior of the past. Or low catch rater perhaps instead of legendary like a Beldum.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#9tntpenguinPosted 4/14/2013 8:33:06 PM
MissingNo really does make some of the better pokemon on Deviantart. There are a great many people who, as it's been said, either over design or barely design their pokemon. MissingNo strikes a good balance. I have a tendency to make too many of mine look like legendaries, even when they aren't suppose to be. And I also (knowingly) break many pokemon rules.

But more on topic I suppose, I made a Mewtwo evolution (one of the broken rules, don't evolve legendaries) because I detested Arceus and loved Mewtwo... and though it isn't an evolution, the new Mewtwo form seems to be following similar lines, and judging by it's debuting movie title, possibly even for similar reasons. And, rumors going around is sound type may be coming, a type I made for some of my pokemon, again breaking rules a bit. Sounds to me like it may be entirely possible that Nintendo actually is taking more note of it's fan made pokemon than some might like to think. The new starters for example, look an awful lot like pokemon I swear I've already seen on Deviantart before. I can't seem to find them now, and I may be imagining it, but I'm seeing cues.

Not saying by any means this whole generation will be based on fanmade pokemon. But even while trying to tell myself to stay skeptical of the possibility, I'm seeing some hints they're watching fakemon artists pretty closely.

(one last note, in another topic someone said light and sound type may BOTH be on the way, and be each other's opposing balance types. Someone questioned how that made sense. The answer is, because they're both forms of energy transfer that travel in waves.)
---
PSN GunPowderPenguin
#10endergamer537Posted 4/14/2013 8:33:50 PM
*shudders*

Dragons. Dragons everywhere.
---
Official King Boo with his Boo army
http://luginub.tumblr.com/post/46807599167